Crimson Ride

BamaRV

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2007
Roswell, GA
Anyone take advantage of the Crimson Ride Transit system? Just wondering what the lines were like after the game.

BamaLaw

Suspended
Oct 15, 1999
Homewood, AL USA
Anyone take advantage of the Crimson Ride Transit system? Just wondering what the lines were like after the game.
Didn't try to ride; but, apparently, the Crimson Ride busses are not required to yield the right of way to pedestrians crossing the street in a designated crosswalk. I darn near got flattened by one on Capstone Drive a couple of hours after the game.

Bama252

Jul 12, 2007
I got On it directly after the game From The quad The lines was Not bad But Iam guessing I had to wait Like 5 mins. to Get On it I will do it again

Last edited:
Didn't try to ride; but, apparently, the Crimson Ride busses are not required to yield the right of way to pedestrians crossing the street in a designated crosswalk. I darn near got flattened by one on Capstone Drive a couple of hours after the game.
FWIW, I hold Class A unrestricted commercial license -- including a passenger endorsement, and I can tell you the Crimson Ride drivers are not exempt from the ordinary rules of the road.

The "I'm the biggest thing on the road" arrogance that bullies pedestrians in a crosswalk is inexcuseable.

So the next time that happens, get the bus number, and note the time of day and the location, and call the University police department. From there, it should go to the transportation department for a "come to Jesus" session with the driver...

Just MHO.

UAEngineer113

All-SEC
Jan 25, 2005
Tuscaloosa
That happens everyday all day on campus...

BamaLaw

Suspended
Oct 15, 1999
Homewood, AL USA
FWIW, I hold Class A unrestricted commercial license -- including a passenger endorsement, and I can tell you the Crimson Ride drivers are not exempt from the ordinary rules of the road.

The "I'm the biggest thing on the road" arrogance that bullies pedestrians in a crosswalk is inexcuseable.

So the next time that happens, get the bus number, and note the time of day and the location, and call the University police department. From there, it should go to the transportation department for a "come to Jesus" session with the driver...

Just MHO.
Thanks for the info. I will do that next time. I realize that UA wants the busses to run like clockwork; however, there's no excuse for ignoring designated crosswalks.

This is a risk management issue that is huge from the U of A's standpoint. One dead pedestrian would be one too many -- and the repercussions legally and financially are something they should take seriously.

The routing calculations necessary to factor in heavy traffic times are not rocket science -- it is more like 9th grade Algebra. They should be able to make allowances for the heavy pedestrian periods.

I travel 10th Street regularly related to my work, and the other day I noticed crossing guards at Tutwiler. If they can afford guards to help the co-eds across the street at mid day, they can afford assistance to help herd the crowds on game days.

IMHO.

noondoggie

Scout Team
Jun 25, 2007
We gave the Crimson ride a try out of the Coleman lot this weekend. The route took us from Coleman to the Rec. center, down near the river, over past Bryce then dropped us by the Quad. Would of been quicker to walk.
It is a nice thing to have for people who cant make the hike to Bryant Denny, just a little round-a-bout on the routes. Did not use it for the return trip to Coleman, wanted to walk with the crowd and enjoy the victory, what a great game!
Roll Tide

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
We gave the Crimson ride a try out of the Coleman lot this weekend. The route took us from Coleman to the Rec. center, down near the river, over past Bryce then dropped us by the Quad. Would of been quicker to walk.
It is a nice thing to have for people who cant make the hike to Bryant Denny, just a little round-a-bout on the routes. Did not use it for the return trip to Coleman, wanted to walk with the crowd and enjoy the victory, what a great game!
Roll Tide
I questioned that about the shuttles last year. We were picked up near the rise center & taken THROUGH CAMPUS to the SW corner of the stadium near Tutwiler. And that was not to pick up any more passengers, just the standard route. Seems to me that they could have gotten us there quicker if they would have just established a shuttle-only lane down University. It is closed 3 hrs. prior anyway.
This weekend however, I did not ride. I just walked and enjoyed the atmosphere to and from the stadium.

RTR

TidePrider

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 21, 2005
Roll Tide
We also took the Crimson Ride from Coleman and got a grand tour of the campus. At least it was free. The walk from the quad to our seats on the West side U3 E was comparable to the walk from Coleman to the stadium. If we take the ride again I will enter the stadium at the North ramp instead of walking around to the South ramp and see if that helps. If not, I will walk in the future.

Roll Tide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.