what do bama fans think of the ncaa 08 team?

carper6464

Banned
Sep 5, 2007
apologies if you guys have a seperate board for "video game related posts" i didn't see one. since, however this is football related i thought it was relevant.

what do you guys think of your ratings on ea sports ncaa 08; players or team ratings

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I went 11-1 (lost to only FSU), won the SEC (beating UGA twice) and beat USC in the Sugar Bowl in the first year. Then I went 6-6, JPW broke his arm and was slapped for 2-years probation for no reason; I was just told that I was placed on probation, I don't know why I was placed on probation. Now in my third year, I did ok against NIU (I won but it was sloppy), but I'm not too sure about this year because 4 of my first 6 games are on the road. I think the team is set up ok, but I don't understand the huge dropoff from Year 1 to Year 2 (other than that I suck), and right now, I can attribute it to the lack of good supporting cast. Right now, Prince Hall is a beast (had 12 tackles, 2 INTs, 2 blocked XPs, and 3 sacks), Roy Upchurch loves to run the ball, and McElroy is very streaky. My TEs can't catch anything no matter the situation, and my receivers are good but will drop a random pass at the most inopportune time.

Bamapossum

3rd Team
Oct 7, 2005
Dadeville,AL
Just finished my first season with a 14-0 NC win. (I played the game for three weeks before starting Dynasty mode.)

Here are my observations...

1. I went in and made a slight change to help Terry Grant be more realistic and changed his number to 29. I also used the roster to input all the names and hometowns.

2. JPW is slow, but he is pretty much dead on passing.

3. Jimmy Johns is way too slow.

4. Javier Arenas is still very good as a punt and kick returner.

At the end of the season:

JPW set the school record for passing yards, touchdowns in a season.
DJ Hall won Receiver of the Year, and the records for: Most Yard receiving, Most TD passes caught, and most receptions. FYI- the real numbers are probably going to be higher than the game numbers. He only beat Ozzie's record by 200 yds in the game.

Terry Grant and Prince Hall left for the NFL...Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I DIDN'T get Julio Jones, despite the fact that he never dropped me as his number 1, AND I contacted him and addressed his Most and Very High issues EVERY WEEK. I can only think that Georgia made him some kind of promise to sway him....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I had the #2 class overall, and thankfully signed a 5-star kicker.

I have only played one game of season 2 so far.

Demetrius Goode can tote the mail.

Javier Arenas was given all-american status, and I moved him to WR.

Rolando McClain is now a beast. He gained 6 points in the offseason! 94 rating overall as a sophmore.

Big Andre and Caldwell are both in the mid 90's, although I started out with Southern Miss, they never got to JPW.

This season should be fun.

Last edited:

brboyd

Oct 11, 2007
I agree that JPW in 08 is streaky. I replace him at times and it seems to help. As blasphemous as it sounds, I use the Florida playbook and Multi-D defense. DJ Hall seems to be fairly realistic to me. If I put him up against a back that is less capable, he jumps up and gets the ball the majority of the time. I have often gone for it on 4th down and long and he gets the ball.

I do know that the game is totally different going against a fellow human. The computer does some really stupid stuff and cant seem to figure out that I use the same defensive scheme over and over. With a human opponent, I have to mix things up a lot more. The defense is good in a 5-2, Cover 2 scheme. I jump to a Spy defense if the QB starts moving.

Roll`92`Tide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2007
Houston, TX
The only thing that sticks out to me about my first year in dynasty mode was Jimmy Johns. I moved him to FB and he had a MONSTER YEAR! He was rated 99 to start next season!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.