St Paul?

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
I saw that St Paul lost to Williamson 42-7? It was just part of the score list so no information. I was shocked to see that score. Did the QB get hurt or something? It would seem with the talent they are supposed to have they would be able to put more than 7 pts on the board. Anybody see the game that could offer some insight?

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I didn't see the game, but I know they have a poor offensive line and a new head coach. I've also heard from people at the game that St. Paul's changed from the Wing T to more of an I-formation offense this year. I suppose those things could be part of the problem

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
O line is not made to pass block or really run block in the new scheme. When they face a team like Williamson that is filled with athletes they will give up monster plays.

The old coach ran the Wing T for a reason, it is easier for small linemen to block...and they would churn up 400 yards a night doing it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.