bogus recruit/player promiss

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
I have been getting burned by players being offered PT/positions.ie fr. wr ofered MLB position etc. This has been happening 2-3 players a year when I made no such offer, or non sense offer to sign then they quit after 1st year! this is getting very old!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I've never had that happen. sounds strange. most of my class if filled from in season stuff, so i rarely have to make any promises.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
I seldom make promises. So far I haven't had any issues with it.
Well you need to pay attention when playing Dyn. mode b/c it matters not if you make promises some will appear that make no sense. I signed a 4* QB without a promise that the next season had him wanting to play DE of all things. Of course I didn't plug him in at DE and the next season he transfered. It appears to be some weird error in the new game in the Xbox version.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I've never had this problem either. I get the occasional guys wanting to transfer because they're buried on the depth chart, but not because of promises (which I rarely make). I've got the 360 version and I assume doc was talking about the reg. xbox version. If you do all the recruiting yourself, I'd suggest to try and turn off the recruiting assistance feature (if you haven't already) and see if that helps with the problem. If that doesn't work then it's likely some strange bug with the game.

Roll`92`Tide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2007
Houston, TX
I had that same thing happen! I've got PS2 version signed a C and redshirted him, then somehow once season started it said that I had promised him the MLB spot and he transferred out at the end of season. Your not alone on this drjames!!

AthleticTrainer

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2007
Birmingham, AL
I have never had this problem with the game. However I make sure not to make promises that I know I won't keep. I usually just make winning conference and national championship promises and stay away from playing time promises.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.