Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Texas A&M Coach Fran admonished and Mike McKenzie is fired

Did you post under a different user name when you lived in T-Town? :D

RamJammer

All-SEC
Aug 29, 2007
Birmingham
Re: Texas A&M Coach Fran admonished and Mike McKenzie is fired

Hey Earle - Yes - I thought you all knew. We were RamJam then & had forgotten our password & also thought that name may have been "un-done". When we just "re-upped" recently , I thought ya'll knew! (Have moved to B'Ham in the meantime) HOWEVER: We're still tight with the Tuscaloosa crowd tho & stay in close contact :)

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Dallas Morning News Poll: Should Coach Fran be fired? (81.5% yes)

What will be the fallout from the A&M newsletter controversy?

Dennis Franchione will be fired at the end of the season.
81.53% 362 votes

Franchione won't be fired, but the school will face minor NCAA sanctions.
9.68% 43 votes

It will be forgotten when the Aggies win the Big 12 this season.
8.78% 39 votes

444 Total Votes

:smile:

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Re: Tech/A&M fans talkin' all out melee

Now, if the tech fan really wanted to disrupt the yell, and were smart, they use the old water-balloon artillery tactic.

Get a bunch of those big water balloon slingshots, double-balloon the water balloons, and launch them from the back of a few pickups from well behind the barricade. 7 or 8 trucks and willing party members and drivers aren't that hard to find, especially in a frat house or two. And with that many, especially if you kept moving, it'd be hard to get caught, really, and you could do some damage to the party.

Nothing like the sky raining water balloons to mess with somebody's parade.

I don't actually know anyone that was involved in this, in case anyone asks, but when I was in high school I heard about a bunch of guys who did this to a rival school's outdoor pep-rally. There were only 5 trucks, but each truck was able to launch about 20-25 water balloons apiece before they had to cut and run. Those students ran like cockroaches. At least that's what I heard. ;)

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Re: A&M fires Mike McKenzie

... or better yet, I wonder if MM leaked Franchione's impending firing in the newsletter?

Counting down the days until the season ends and this nightmarish era in Texas A&M football history is over.

See ya, "Fran."
aren't the ags in first place in their division? wouldn't it be bizarre if they won the big 12 and fired their coach? that might be a first.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Mike McKenzie could make an excellent living as the PR man for North Korea or any other nation that relies on falsification to sustain internal morale and to antagonize enemies. Check this out from http://athcluster.tamu.edu/emails/email_5.pdf

Two visitors to the football offices, touring the Bright Building, today were Tom Johanningmeier from the NCAA investigative staff and Mark Jones, an attorney with a company that represents schools that are under investigation.

Don't panic! They were guests of our compliance director, David Batson, and on a tour of Big 12 schools on their way to Waco next. I asked Johanningmeier if he had been back to Alabama, and he said, "I won't even fly over it." he was the lead investigator in the probation case that slammed Bama in 2002.
The lackey has quite the imagination, but apparently isn't good with names. The investigator in the Bama case of the early 2000s was Richard Johanningmeier. I wouldn't dismiss such a classless statement attributed to Johanningmeier out-of-hand, but this isn't the most respectable source of information... especially in any context related to Alabama.

Mike McKenzie appears to go out of his way to embarrass Alabama at any chance. The post earlier gives some insight into why he might be this way.

I wonder what he will do if his meal ticket slides into obscurity? The autobiography that he has worked on for so long could now be worth very little unless he turns on Fran and begins to divulge some dirt, turning the story from one about a man on a mission to one about a disturbing fall from grace. This may get much more interesting in the future.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.