Rush Propst is out at Hoover

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I don't know the details of what went down with Coach Probst, however I do know a couple of things about being employed by a school district and my professional accountability.

1. You may say that "he's only a football coach", but he still can't treat students the way I saw him treat them on the MTV show. The football field is his classroom. If I treated my players or students I wouldn't be around very wrong.

2. He is a "role model" to his school and community. Every teacher and coach application around here checks you background and even a "traffic violation" could jeopardize your hiring.

3. Usually, districts allow you to resign in mid-contract in order to keep from having to fire you!

Tide n True

Suspended
Jul 10, 2007
Well, I would like to continue, but I'm going to be late for "Defending a Man on our side no matter what he does" practice. Yep, twice a week during the Fall and of course during Spring and Summer it's back to TWO A DAYS!!
It doesn't take much of a conspiracy to inject steroids into multiple players. One person with a needle, one person with an arm. I don't see how it's that difficult to figure out. As far as me basing my views of Hoover on a TV show, I wasn't interested in Two-a-Days until someone called me about this chaplain idiot...I caught it on a replay.

Regardless, you refuse to admit that Rush Propst is dirty--he's a proven cheater, and yet you're still defending him. I think that speaks much louder of the Hoover mentality than my posts ever could.

RamJammer

All-SEC
Aug 29, 2007
Birmingham
The most important point to me, STILL, is that these players (suffer as they are this season, perhaps) would learn a life-lesson from this suffering (caused by adults who "break the rules") & from this whole unfortunate event : that you can't break the rules of employment or the rules of respect in life) without consequences. If he would be allowed to stay - then they'd have the mindset forever that you can do whatever & slide by anyway. These are children - not mature thinking adults : they're being molded by all the influence around them & for jokes to be made of this (& I refer to t-shirts worn to HHS games, etc that say "Who's your Daddy", "Propst Scored", etc etc) - well - there's no lesson being learned with that line of thinking...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
It doesn't take much of a conspiracy to inject steroids into multiple players. One person with a needle, one person with an arm. I don't see how it's that difficult to figure out. As far as me basing my views of Hoover on a TV show, I wasn't interested in Two-a-Days until someone called me about this chaplain idiot...I caught it on a replay.

Regardless, you refuse to admit that Rush Propst is dirty--he's a proven cheater, and yet you're still defending him. I think that speaks much louder of the Hoover mentality than my posts ever could.
I have not once defended Propst or his behavior. I am glad to see him go as are the vast majority of those sharing the "Hoover mentality".

If you will get past your assumptions and stereotyping of Hoover residents for a moment you may see that my concern is and always has been for the students and their parents. This is why I take offense when anyone places labels such as dirty, etc. like a blanket on everyone in my city.

If there is steroid use then I wish it would be revealed and those guilty, severely punished. It's just that I have been around so many of these players and their parents since they were in elementary school and have never been made aware of any such activity. Does this mean no one individual has ever done anything like this? Of course not. But to constantly accuse an entire athletic program of widespread and accepted drug abuse is absolutely WRONG unless it can be documented. You imply that dozens of adults and minors have been in the past and continue to commit felony offenses and yet apparently no citizen of Hoover finds any fault in this. Just stop and think about that for a minute and you'll see why I find that simply beyond the realm of possibility. Surely you don't think Jefferson and/or Shelby County law enforcement, the State Police and Fed's are all part of the Hoover conspiracy..do you?? This conspiracy would also have to include health care officials since all those you accuse are drug tested and given physicals each year.

Finally, please stop with the constant stereo-typing of Hoover. There is so much more than a highly successful football program driving the explosive growth of my city. HHS graduates routinely receive millions of dollars in academic scholarships every year, but who wants to read or gossip about that?? Also, in case you missed it, HHS year in and year out, competes for almost every 6A championship title it is involved with. It's music and arts programs rank among the best in the state every year. This is one of the fastest growing cities in the south (approx 70,000) and to think the actions of 100 or so football players and respective parents, coaches, etc. speaks for everyone living here is ridiculous.

Tide n True

Suspended
Jul 10, 2007
This is why I take offense when anyone places labels such as dirty, etc. like a blanket on everyone in my city.
You do realize that here in Alabama, we refer to schools by the state or city in which they are located...right? You know, like when I'm speaking of the Volunteers, I say "Tennessee" and not "University of Tennessee" every single time...or when I'm talking about the Barn, I say "Auburn" and not "The institution formerly known as Alabama Polytechnic Institute but now known as Auburn University" every single time.

Likewise, when speaking of the Hoover High School Football Team in a thread about the head coach of the Hoover High School Football Team, I think it ridiculously redundant to say "Hoover High School Football Team" every single time. Ergo, I'm not saying "everyone in your city" is dirty. I am saying that everyone who has a professional role regarding the Hoover High School Football Team is dirty and that Hoover High School ran a dirty program.

I've been to Hoover countless times and rarely think of the High School when I'm there. No one thinks Hoover (the city) is defined by Hoover High School. Get a grip. I didn't once mention Hoover's citizens as a group.

As far as your drug testing nonsense goes, you've got to be kidding me. Kids have been beating drug tests for years, and they'll continue to do so.

*EDIT* When re-reading my posts, I didn't even phrase it like I thought I originally did. I didn't even say, "Hoover is dirty." I said "This program is dirty" and "Rush Propst is dirty." Those two have nothing to do with Hoover as a city or with Hoover's citizens as a whole.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.