Im sick of buying cables

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
I bought that HDDVD player from walmart-- of course i had to buy ANOTHER HDMI cable, and they aint cheap. Also, I had to get an hdmi switcher-- that cost 100 bucks, and didnt come with a cable, so i had to buy another HDMI cable, more optical digital audio cables, auxillary line in cables, speaker wire, surge protecters, RCA cables, s-video cables, USB cables, Mini USB cables, HDMI/DV adapters, Ethernet cords, Ive bought em all. I'll bet I have over 2000 dollars invested in just cables. Im sick of it--- Why do these cables cost so much? Why doesnt anything come with cables anymore?

My rant for the day
Thank You

Last edited:

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
You're damned tooting and I feel your pain. Avoid retail on stuff like that; Q-Dude is totally right. And since there is no significant gain on using top of the line HDMI cables vs cheap ones, go with the cheap unless your TV is 60" or larger.

iBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2007
Alabaster, AL
i feel your pain as well. while i was going through my HD conversion, i thought the more expensive cables were better....i paid the fools tax. while the dish network guy was hooking up the HD box, he saw my hdmi cables and shook his head. they are still expensive, regardless.

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
I work at Circuit City..

I seriously HATE the people (mostly old guys that think they know everything...) that come in and complain to ME! about our prices of cables, mounts and EVERYTHING else... "I need a 25ft. S-Video cable"... "sure that'll be $15"... ARE YOU SERIOUS! THATS RIDICULOUS BLA BLA BLA... "I CAN GET $200FT ONLINE FOR $5!!!!"..."thats great sir.. why dont you go do that!"

my rant for the day.. sorry

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
Anyone interested in cables, stuff, etc...
I stongly recommend going here. They crush all the electronic stores.. I buy all my cables and stuff there. It's high quality stuff for a very low price.

Save here

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
thats cool... seriously..

but have you gone to your local electronics store to complain to them about it yet??
I complain to best buy all the time

i bought a laptop there the other day-- and when i got it home the finish was such that every time i touched it, it left fingerprints all over it. I found one i liked better at circuit city, so i went to take it back to best buy to return it and they told i had to pay a 195 dollar "restocking" fee. Thats crap-- so now im stuck with a laptop that has fingerprints all over it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.