Favorite Local Rivalries

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
I don't know who that is (Waldon Tucker) but that is so funny if they are still mad at him.
Don't they teach history at Hoover? ;)

Coach Tucker is the #3 all-time (and #1 active) winningest coach in AHSAA football history. He won the 2A championship at Gordo in 1980, and the 4A championship at Fayette County in 1996.

2007 is his 35th season as a head coach and his 24th at Fayette County.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
Absolutely. The schools are only EIGHT miles apart, which just adds fuel to the fire. It's an Auburn - Alabama kind of rivalry.
Thats why the rivalries I added in Mobile are so big, as Mobile's high schools are all very close to each other.

SPS/UMS and McT/Murphy are within a few blocks of each other.

Last edited:
I know Foley vs Daphne has been getting the hype but really, Robertsdale is Foley's biggest rival. I haven't heard much about the Foley vs Robertsdale games since I moved to Texas, (probably due in large part to Foley being really good and R'Dale being...well...horrible) but I know from talking to some high school kids that Foley kids would hate losing to Robertsdale more than anyone else. There used to be a lot of fights at sporting events involving Robertsdale and Foley...don't know if that still happens...I do know that in 2001 some seniors from Foley spray painted Foe-Town in big blue letters on Robertsdale's sign that sits out by Hwy 59! I have no clue who could have been involved in that though...:wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.