Assassin's Creed at Fry's - $39.99!!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Well, if you have a Fry's in your area, you can grab it immediately on Thursday which is the normal video game release day for big box stores like Best Buy, Circuity City, Fry's, etc.

I also don't think you can order this through Fry's online site.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
LOL - Massive massive store filled with all sorts of electronic, computer, video game, movie, toys, and more.

I found out about them when I went to visit my brother in Houston. They're big out west. They're slowly building out to the east.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
They are pretty big out west. My friends in California freakin love that place. They are sorta like a cross between Compusa (without the shady rebates) and Bestbuy.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Well I got a pretty good pre-order deal from liongames but I sure would love to be able to walk into a Fry's and pick it up for 39.99 that's freaking sweet!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
They are pretty big out west. My friends in California freakin love that place. They are sorta like a cross between Compusa (without the shady rebates) and Bestbuy.
I used to go to Fry's regularly when I lived in the SF Bay Area (1997-2001).
Not sure what it's like now, but it was basically a nerd superstore. It was great if you knew exactly what you wanted, but if you didn't, good luck to you. Best Buy is much slicker, with lots of sales personnel. Fry's had more of a warehouse feel.

While they weren't the first to have games on release day (EBGames was always first back then, but now Wal-Mart seems to be just as good), there was no better place for a do-it-yourselfer to find random computer parts like SCSI cables, cases, hard drive enclosures, IDE cards, power supplies, various sizes of fans, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.