Mass Effect

CrimsonCT

Suspended
Dec 5, 2005
Palo Alto, CA
Okay, so I've played this game for about 20 hours since I picked it up, over three different characters.

I don't say this lightly, but... Mass Effect might be the best video game I've ever played. It's more fun than KOTOR. (And this is coming from a guy who still pops in KOTOR every few months.)

I've played Halo 3, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero 3, etc. and this is easily superior to them all. GOTY without a doubt.

CrimsonCT

Suspended
Dec 5, 2005
Palo Alto, CA
I loved Torment. The narrative description at every turn is something I've yet to see in any other game, and probably never will; it will go down as one of the all-time greats. I actually never extensively played the Fallout series, much to my dismay, so I'm not sure if Bethesda's sequel will be able to match the first two. However, Baldur's Gate 2 is probably my favorite RPG of that era. Those kinds of 200+ hour campaigns are a thing of the past, however. I have a few of the old ones laying around, but playing at 640x480 on my current monitor is almost unbearable. I wish they would get ported to newer engines like the original Baldur's Gate has been.

I'm telling you, the cinematography in Mass Effect will set a new standard. There have been several dialog sequences where I just slunk back in my chair at the end and said, "whoa... that was awesome."

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. That's what I can say after about 7 hours of playing Mass Effect. Very similar to Knights of the Old Republic (in ways) and I loved that game too. Visually stunning. Great storyline. Interesting side quests. I like the ability to add on to weapons and armor. I hate to put it down, but I have to work in the AM. More as I get deeper in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.