jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
Same reason I didn't buy Heavenly Sword. I enjoyed the demo, but sixty bucks for 10-12 hours is insane. At least the engine can be reused on other games or sequels, so that should cut back dev time.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
It seems as if the people reviewing this game either really love it or really hate it because I've seen a pretty mixed bag on reviews for AC. I love how the only opinion that really matters in the end is my own though. ;) :biggrin2:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I promised myself I would finish up Bioshock before buying any more games.
I finished it on the 14th, and got Assassin's Creed on the 15th.

My first impression is that it's beautiful and smooth. I haven't gotten far enough into it to really critique gameplay or longevity yet, but I'm enjoying it.

If it's as short as people say, then I should be able to turn my attention fully to Mass Effect. :)

LukeDuke

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 25, 2007
I actually bought this game last night because I could not wait to play it, and now I am wishing i had of rented it. Don't get me wrong it's a great game with a twist in it I really didnt expect, but I have already almost beat it...Graphics and game play are some of the best yet, but it is way too short.

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Saw a buddy of mine playing it for a little bit, the story line is a little odd. Like it takes place in the year 2010, but some guy keeps going into a coma at some lab and has visions of an ancestor who is an assassin? Game looks incredible. How are the controls?

LukeDuke

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 25, 2007
Controls are a little different. Its not one button combat like most other games out there, it takes a combonation of buttons to do different things. But this allows you to do a lot of unique finishing moves. i loved the control configuration.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I'm really enjoying my time with AC. I've already played it for several hours and I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I love the controls and while the fighting takes a little bit of getting used to I really enjoy the counter attack moves and the animations that come with them. Judging from what I've seen so far I'd have to disagree with the people that gave this game a poor review. The game can't be as short as some people suggested because I'm only two assassinations in and I've already played well over 6 hours.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I really like how "sticky" the environment is. You can run along beams, jump between buildings along rooftops, jump from a roof and catch yourself on a window of another building, etc. It's not like a Mario platformer where you have to perfectly time jumps or creep slowly along narrow paths, or else you lose, and it's not easy to slip and fall. There's a lot of margin for error, yet it still feels rewarding when you pull off some acrobatics. Combat seems a bit too easy once you get the counter, though, even though the animations are cool when you own the enemies.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I really like how "sticky" the environment is. You can run along beams, jump between buildings along rooftops, jump from a roof and catch yourself on a window of another building, etc. It's not like a Mario platformer where you have to perfectly time jumps or creep slowly along narrow paths, or else you lose, and it's not easy to slip and fall. There's a lot of margin for error, yet it still feels rewarding when you pull off some acrobatics. Combat seems a bit too easy once you get the counter, though, even though the animations are cool when you own the enemies.
I agree with most of what you said. I'm having a blast playing this game! The combat certainly is a lot more difficult when you're having to fight 6 or 7 guys at a time. :wink: Great game IMHO.

MalletMan

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2007
Birmingham, AL
I was enthralled with the game....until I realized that the game is doing the exact same thing 9 times over.

The sandbox was great. I love the free running in the game. Unfortunately, I think there's not enough gameplay to fill the sandbox.

I look forward to the sequel, if only to see where the (most excellent) story goes from here.

7/10

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
Game Informer mag gave it a 9.5
I could be entirely wrong, and if so, feel free to correct me. But isn't GI owned by a video game retail store? If so, can their opinion really be trusted? After all, if I'm trying to sell a couple thousand copies of a game, I'm not gonna give it a bad score.

Furthermore guys, any score above 6 (on the typical 1-10 scale) is technically "above average." In other words, it's not a bad score. 5 & 6 is considered "average." Lower than five is "below average" based an varying degrees of suck. If I see a game getting a score of 7.7, chances are it's at least worth playing. Just my .02 cents.

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
I agree with most of what's been said already. I know that I've played for at least 12 hours and am not finished yet...think I have 2-3 more assassinations left. I also haven't finished every part of every side objective. Really enjoy the environment. Some of the most realistic horseback riding I've seen in a game (ie, your mount actually reacts more like a horse than in games like Oblivion). Could use more interesting "side quests"...not a good term for what is going on in the game, but it does get a bit monotonous doing all the same stuff again and again. One time through, and you've figured out how to do what needs doing to complete objectives for the rest of the game.

Visually breathtaking...love the setting (holy land in ancient Crusades times - around the same time frame as "Kingdom of Heaven" if anyone has seen that movie). I really like the climbing and chase aspects. Story is interesting and keeps me involved. I also like the fighting system...but I'm not one of these folks who enjoys nearly impossible games either....entertain me and let me go on, I say. If I want stress, I've got enough of that in my real life. :biggrin: I give it 8.5/10...in my top 5 for the 360. Definitely worth a play.

Now, if I can just wait on buying Mass Effect till I finish this game....

iBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Definitely worth it. Although, I wish I had bought it used because I only had it a week. By the time there were 3 left to kill, it felt more like a chore and I actually traded it in before I killed the last guy because I heard the ending was lame. The Templar killing side game was cool...collecting the flags, not as much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.