Question about Dynasty recruiting

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
Does anyone know what happens if you DON'T call every player and use up your recruiting time each week? What happens if you just disregard in-season recruiting and just play the games? Does it automatically happen? Thanks.

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
you can turn CPU recruiting assistance on or off in strategy... im guessing if that is on then it will just do it for you... but i have no idea why you would wanna do that! personally recruiting is the best part of the game for me.. but my brother HATES it...

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
...but i have no idea why you would wanna do that! personally recruiting is the best part of the game for me...
I liked it at first, but now I play mostly in Legend mode because the recruiting has become SOOOOOO monotonous! I love the regular recruiting, but the in-season is just too time consuming for me.

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
I think the in-season is the best feature on the game.
Ok, guys...I got it! Many of you don't agree with me about the in-season recruiting. I liken it to a "side quest" in RPG's...some like it and some don't. :tongue:

My question remains: will ignoring in-season recruiting cause me to never get the 5* recruits during the season? Can I just set up my list of recruits I want and let the CPU do all the calling/setting up visits/etc. for me? That would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

LukeDuke

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 25, 2007
You will still get some 5 stars, but not near as many as if you did it yourself. If you want to "build a dynasy" with great players do it yourself...but i am like you sometimes I do not feel like messing with it. To answer your question, Yes you will still get some 5 and 4 star recruits.

BamaBowtie

1st Team
Oct 22, 2007
I have a pretty complex recruiting strategy. But here is a short/simple version

Start of the season with the top 10 players you need/want. ONLY recruit THESE players. Go ahead and fill your board up and schedule visits when the other 25 players are ready to visit, but don't waste precious hours on them. Spend 1 hour on each of your 10 guys. You should have 7-8 of them commit in season. After you get a commit just keep recruiting 10 guys. You will get QUALITY this way and won't sign crappy players that you will end up cutting anyway.

I am in my 16th season with Bama, with 15 NC's and no losses on Heisman level. I have pulled the #1 recruiting class every year. And last year I signed 14 of the top 25 players in the nation.

Other tips:

-Keep swaying until you get their intrest up in EVERY category
-FINISH all of your sells. if you don't finish their intrest doesn't go up
-stick to the top 10
-bring top recruits in agasint rivals

Bamapossum

3rd Team
Oct 7, 2005
Dadeville,AL
Here are a couple of other little things I have noticed:

1. It doesn't matter if a big time 5 star has you listed highly to begin with. As long as his background is not red, you can sway him to you if you start early enough.

2. I use my first week to simply offer schollies to the 25 or 30 that I want. You will occasionally get an immediate commit.

3. If you are in week 10 or 11 and you still are listed as 2nd or 3rd, your chances are slim even if the player has been nothing but impressed the whole time.

4. You will occasionally have a recruit jump for no reason at all. I had a 5 star guard who was interested from day one. He graded his visit as an A and had Bama as his #1 the entire time. He just suddenly committed to Tennessee for no reason. Kinda made me mad.

5. If you create multiple prospects, they will not all be Bama leans. In fact, they may not be interested in Bama at all. Even if you create only one prospect, there is no guarantee he will come.

6. As you go along and win, your categories get better. By the time you are in your 4th or 5th season, several categories should have upgraded from great or excellent to elite. Hammer away at the elite areas first.

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
Thanks for all the advice, folks. After one full season of doing what you advised, I had 10 commits at the end of the season - 9 5* and 1 4*. Thanks!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.