New Classifications in Alabama

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
6A Region 5 just got a lot tougher with Minor and Hueytown replacing Pelham and Thompson.

At least they left Jackson-Olin in there. What a band !!

6A Region 5 just got a lot tougher with Minor and Hueytown replacing Pelham and Thompson.

At least they left Jackson-Olin in there. What a band !!
Agreed. I remember someone saying after County High (Who choked again in the playoffs... ugh...) beat J.O. -

"Yeah, County High beat Jackson Olin pretty bad, but Jackson Olin's band beat County High's band 66-3."

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
Has Vigor been 5A? I always thought they were 6A. Foley plays them almost every year...seems like every year but I could be wrong...and they used to beat us on a regular occasion in the late 90's even into this decade. Anyways just wondering if they just dropped to 5A or if they've been 5A for a while.
They moved down to 5A in the last reclassification two years ago. Before that they had been 6A since 1984 when the AHSAA expanded to 6 classifications. Here is your info.

BTW, for anyone with any questions about high school football history in the state of Alabama, AHSFHS.org, Alabama High School Football Historical Society, is a super site. They also have a forum where you can submit corrections or info for particulars that they may not have. :)

They moved down to 5A in the last reclassification two years ago. Before that they had been 6A since 1984 when the AHSAA expanded to 6 classifications. Here is your info.

BTW, for anyone with any questions about high school football history in the state of Alabama, AHSFHS.org, Alabama High School Football Historical Society, is a super site. They also have a forum where you can submit corrections or info for particulars that they may not have. :)
Thanks for clearing that up...I appreciate the info bro

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.