Foley vs Prattville

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
Well the rematch some on here have been waiting for is going to happen. Will Prattville being able to hold JJ down again, or will he prove to be to much? Will Justin Albert be able to play or will he have to sit out the second straight game with injury? Should be a good game!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It has the makings for a really good game. I've not seen much of Foley since their last visit to Prattville except for a bit of the Daphne game that was on tv. I'm looking forward to seeing JJ from Foley again. Last year PHS held him to 4 catches, two of which he fumbled away.

My sources tell me that JA was held out mostly for precautionary reasons, and to give him an extra week to recover. Plus, the field at Auburn HS is terrible (and lived up to that reputation Friday night). Jerodis Williams had a terrific night filling in for Justin. He had 160+ yards, would have been over 200 were it not for two penalties.

The people at Auburn HS treated us very nice, a classy group of fans. We sat among them since the visitor side was full almost as soon as the gates opened. Really enjoyed talking to many of them.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
My sources tell me that JA was held out mostly for precautionary reasons, and to give him an extra week to recover.
:eek: You're not supposed to tell anybody about that! ;) It makes it more dramatic when he "limps" out there at kickoff and leads them to a huge win. The one thing that concerns me is Prattville had two good Senior CBs last year to help with JJ. There are some good one's back there, but it will be a good test for them. Hopefully we can get plenty of pressure on them like last year to hurry the throws. I'm sure it will be packed down at Stanley-Jensen!

Tideo

Aug 9, 2007
Prattville needs to worry about Foley's RB Lavance Mitchell. He can do some damage on the ground. JJ is not the only player on the team. I think Foley will upset Pville.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
I heard Foley has a decent Safety too. ;)

I really think you Prattville natives that have not seen Lester play live yet will come out really surprised and think he is quite underrated. He is a beast.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We saw a really good one at Auburn HS the other night, I think his name is Dee Finley (a UF committment?). They also used him at WR quite a bit. I think that PHS has quality talent and depth at WR, forces teams to play man coverage, and is comfortable throwing to any of them. Foley can pick which one they want Lester to cover, but he can't cover all of them.;)

Speaking of underrated, I hope you get to see Justin Albert play, he is a terrific back. Also, Dekendrick Moncrief at WR is going to be a nice pick-up for someone.

It has the makings for a classic game.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
We saw a really good one at Auburn HS the other night, I think his name is Dee Finley (a UF committment?). They also used him at WR quite a bit. I think that PHS has quality talent and depth at WR, forces teams to play man coverage, and is comfortable throwing to any of them. Foley can pick which one they want Lester to cover, but he can't cover all of them.;)

Speaking of underrated, I hope you get to see Justin Albert play, he is a terrific back. Also, Dekendrick Moncrief at WR is going to be a nice pick-up for someone.

It has the makings for a classic game.
I wasn't saying they would win, but Lester is a beast, and better than Dee.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
foley didn't look good at all when they played on tv.
They can turn it on at times, but they generally play as well as their QB. They flat out stomped St. Paul's to death in the Jamboree so they have the ability to create plays, just whether they do it consistently or not is the question. But they are a very good team.

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Foley played on a short field the whole night against Murphy, so I don't know what they can do if forced to drive from their own territory.

I thought the QB was just adequate, although I was impressed by the way he ran the offense. There was no doubt who was in charge on the field.

Foley's defense held Murphy to 40 yds and one first down in the first half on their way to a 21-0 lead.

The kicking game is suspect, although they kicked off into the EZ every time when the wind was behind them.

I think I'll be spending more time in this forum in the coming days...I believe Foley CAN pull the upset...I'm not gonna be all cocky like I was last year...I think that's why we lost (carma)...anyways, to those that said Foley didn't look that good on TV I would say to you that the Foley vs Daphne games haven't been pretty at all as of late. It's a war...a big rivalry...not to mention the pressure of playing on ESPN. Anyways...I'm sure this will be a great game...IMO this is the state championship...the winner of this game should breeze through the rest of the way...but then again...I'm in Texas...what do I know. GO LIONS (the ones from Foe-Town)

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
Foley Boy! I was wondering when you would show up :biggrin2: I started this thread to make sure you had a chance to post your predictions. To bad your in Houston, I would love to watch the game with you. I think it should be a great game! :pDT_alc:

Foley Boy! I was wondering when you would show up :biggrin2: I started this thread to make sure you had a chance to post your predictions. To bad your in Houston, I would love to watch the game with you. I think it should be a great game! :pDT_alc:
definately...maybe next year...I'm praying for a return to Alabama this summer!

BTW...I had to give myself a couple days to cool down before aproaching Bama message boards...that ULM game had me depressed...at least my high school team and my pro team (Cowboys) are doing good.

Last edited:

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
A friend of mines crew worked the Opelika game I believe it was. Anyhow it will be a much different game this year last year if you could put double or triple coverage on Julio the O was about shut down but with Levance a threat now it's not so simple as that anymore . Their D has improved immensely form last year.

It'll be a much better game this year that's for sure.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
definately...maybe next year...I'm praying for a return to Alabama this summer!

BTW...I had to give myself a couple days to cool down before aproaching Bama message boards...that ULM game had me depressed...at least my high school team and my pro team (Cowboys) are doing good.
Yeah my high school is in the 3rd round of the playoffs, and my Pack is sitting pretty at 9-1. I didn't come on here for a few days either, it was brutal.

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah my high school is in the 3rd round of the playoffs, and my Pack is sitting pretty at 9-1. I didn't come on here for a few days either, it was brutal.
Well, my high school doesn't exist anymore, & I don't have an NFL team to follow (the Seahawks don't count, since we rarely get to see them on TV, plus Shaun's hurt), so what am I supposed to do?

RTR

Well, my high school doesn't exist anymore, & I don't have an NFL team to follow (the Seahawks don't count, since we rarely get to see them on TV, plus Shaun's hurt), so what am I supposed to do?

RTR
Well man...I'm a minister so I normally wouldn't say this...however, I beleive the book of Proverbs talking about allowing people to "drown their sorrows" In your case...I think that may just be the answer

just kidding btw

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.