The King is Dead...

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
Vestavia 21 - Hoover 17

When is the last time that Hoover did not make it past the quarter finals? Been a long time.

Looking at the semi-final matchups, I can tell you the one I would pay to see. Believe it or not, it would be Maplesville vs. Sweet Water, two excellent football teams.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
The other game that isn't getting a lot of pub is Pike Co losing. They had won back-to-back championships and looked poised to make it three.

This time of year, every game is a good matchup with top teams facing each other. It's no place for the weak or timid, there will be hard hits and emotions flying. Very exciting time of year!

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Re: The King is ...

The other game that isn't getting a lot of pub is Pike Co losing. They had won back-to-back championships and looked poised to make it three.

This time of year, every game is a good matchup with top teams facing each other. It's no place for the weak or timid, there will be hard hits and emotions flying. Very exciting time of year!
I was at the Cordova/Pike County game. Solid defense played by the Blue Devils holding Pike to 80 yards rushing with 44 of those coming on one play late in the game after it was 24 to 0. Good solid offense for Cordova that chewed up the clock and yardage and a hard hitting game from both teams. The place was packed. I don`t think you could have squeezed many more people in there.

Last edited:

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Looking at the semi-final matchups, I can tell you the one I would pay to see. Believe it or not, it would be Maplesville vs. Sweet Water, two excellent football teams.
Hey, they're gonna pay me to watch that game.

There should be two great games in Tuscaloosa this Friday: Leroy @ ACA (2A) and Thomasville @ Central (4A).

Good luck to all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.