Contenders for next years State Title.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm just going to list 6A teams since I don't really know much below that.

Hoover- 35 up-coming seniors that went undefeated as Freshmen and J.V.

Prattville- Should still be a force even after losing a lot of great Seniors.

Gadsden City

Opelika

Daphne

Mcgill-Toolen

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
Prattville is losing some SRs but will actually be loaded next year. One to look out for is at Albright at LB. He started as a SO, and has led the team in tackles both years. He is about 5'11" and 200 lbs but can fly. Should be a good prospect next year after growing a little more.

I think a lot of the same suspects will be in contention since most are good programs able to reload players. I expect Gadsden City to be a coming force on the scene, and I'm anxious to see how Hoover handles having a new coach. Should be another good year in Alabama! :biggrin2:

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL

Gadsden City

Opelika

Daphne

Mcgill-Toolen
You should add to that list Tuscaloosa County, since many of their starters (including the QB) were juniors this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Prattville is losing some SRs but will actually be loaded next year. One to look out for is at Albright at LB. He started as a SO, and has led the team in tackles both years. He is about 5'11" and 200 lbs but can fly. Should be a good prospect next year after growing a little more.
You forgot Alex Page. He should be a star next year. He is always in the backfield.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It will still be awhile before the new school is built, certainly not for another year or two (perhaps three before it opens) in all likelihood. Word is it may have enough students to qualify as a 5A school but that has yet to be fully determined. While it could take some athletes from PHS, the numbers are not going to be significant since the school will not draw directly from the city. The school will be located in Pine Level and will serve the outlying areas of that part of the county (to the north and northeast of Prattville).

Someone else may have better/more recent information than I have, but this is my current understanding of the proposal.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Gadsden City

Opelika

Daphne

Mcgill-Toolen
These will usually always have a say in who makes it to the Super 6. So..I shall not argue. :tongue:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Will the new school be ready in Prattville next season and will its opening mean a split for Prattville's athletes?

Don't worry, as a Hoover Senior it was a blow when Spain Park broke off with us otherwise if these schools were still as a one Hoover would have won the State Championship in '06 and '07.

AdamMc2003

1st Team
Dec 14, 2005
4A: Deshler was a VERY young team, as in I believe they are losing ONE senior who plays, this was "supposed" to be a rebuilding year(starting 6 Freshmen, with plenty more seeing A LOT of playing time)

3A: Colbert County was fairly young as well, and they are always strong so what is new

that is really all I know of from my area so pretty much all I will comment on... Florence should be better in 6A(almost beat Hoover in the 1st round this year) but they still have a few more years to adjust to 6A, its a young school and young program...

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
3A- Cordova has a lot of its team coming back. Losing only one player at the skilled position to graduation and a couple on the line.

wardaddy

1st Team
Dec 6, 2007
Lay Lake
3A- Cordova has a lot of its team coming back. Losing only one player at the skilled position to graduation and a couple on the line.
And it helps that Clay Co. is going back to 2A, I think they'll win 2A next year, Cordova 3A and either Maplesville or Sweetwater winning 1A..

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
And it helps that Clay Co. is going back to 2A, I think they'll win 2A next year, Cordova 3A and either Maplesville or Sweetwater winning 1A..
Leroy has 22 juniors coming back from this years back to back state championship team, including their play making QB. My 2A final prediction: Leroy vs. Clay County.

And you can't forget about North Jackson. They are always a powerhouse in 4A and they have super LB Tana Patrick coming back.

I also agree with the poster that mentioned Gadsden City. They'll be losing Jerrell Harris and thats huge. A friend of mine watched GCHS play Clay-Chalkville and he said they went away from Harris on most offensive plays even to the extent of the QB flipping the play away from him at the line. That said, they do have a couple prospects coming back, including early 5 star DB Dre Kirkpatrick and WR prospect Kendell Kelly.

Last edited:

wardaddy

1st Team
Dec 6, 2007
Lay Lake
Leroy has 22 juniors coming back from this years back to back state championship team, including their play making QB. My 2A final prediction: Leroy vs. Clay County.

And you can't forget about North Jackson. They are always a powerhouse in 4A and they have super LB Tana Patrick coming back.

I also agree with the poster that mentioned Gadsden City. They'll be losing Jerrell Harris and thats huge. A friend of mine watched GCHS play Clay-Chalkville and he said they went away from Harris on most offensive plays even to the extent of the QB flipping the play away from him at the line. That said, they do have a couple prospects coming back, including early 5 star DB Dre Kirkpatrick and WR prospect Kendell Kelly.
I think Leroy and Clay Co. would be an awesome 2A game. Danny Horn's teams always play great defense.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I think we're pretty much losing the entire line but we had so many blowouts this year the subs got plenty of playing time. Did you see where Parrish and Curry dropped us from their schedule and we picked up 5A Hartselle & 4a Fayette County?

wardaddy

1st Team
Dec 6, 2007
Lay Lake
I think we're pretty much losing the entire line but we had so many blowouts this year the subs got plenty of playing time. Did you see where Parrish and Curry dropped us from their schedule and we picked up 5A Hartselle & 4a Fayette County?
EWWW! Hartselle will be a real tough one!

BamaChief

1st Team
Oct 19, 2005
Slapout,Al
www.holtvilleslapoutfd.org
It will still be awhile before the new school is built, certainly not for another year or two (perhaps three before it opens) in all likelihood. Word is it may have enough students to qualify as a 5A school but that has yet to be fully determined. While it could take some athletes from PHS, the numbers are not going to be significant since the school will not draw directly from the city. The school will be located in Pine Level and will serve the outlying areas of that part of the county (to the north and northeast of Prattville).

Someone else may have better/more recent information than I have, but this is my current understanding of the proposal.
From what I have heard Marbury HS will no longer be a high school and will become a Middle school. My neice's go to Marbury and Pine Level and have told me that the school will be between Pine Level and Marbury. I will hate to miss the rivalry Holtville and Marbury have had over the years if this happens.

pvilleguru

1st Team
Feb 2, 2007
I would have thought surely by now you guys would have put Foley in there...just because we lose Julio now Foley doesn't have a shot. No respect around here for the great program that's been built in Foley over the last few years.:mad2: What's it gonna take for you guys to learn...I grow weary of fighting for Foley's respect around here!:wink:
foley has been just julio. whenever they got behind against prattville, all they did was try to throw to him. when all else fails, throw to julio.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.