Contenders for next years State Title.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
I think we're pretty much losing the entire line but we had so many blowouts this year the subs got plenty of playing time. Did you see where Parrish and Curry dropped us from their schedule and we picked up 5A Hartselle & 4a Fayette County?
I was surprised about Parrish. That use to be one of the biggest county rivals. Back in the day it was always the last game of the year. I had the honor of playing against Parrish for the last game on the old Kiro Field that was right off main street in town. I can see Curry dropping us. A 5A losing to a 3A every year doesn`t benefit them any.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I would have thought surely by now you guys would have put Foley in there...just because we lose Julio now Foley doesn't have a shot. No respect around here for the great program that's been built in Foley over the last few years.:mad2: What's it gonna take for you guys to learn...I grow weary of fighting for Foley's respect around here!:wink:

Lets see how Foley does without Julio Jones.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
4A: Deshler was a VERY young team, as in I believe they are losing ONE senior who plays, this was "supposed" to be a rebuilding year(starting 6 Freshmen, with plenty more seeing A LOT of playing time)

3A: Colbert County was fairly young as well, and they are always strong so what is new

that is really all I know of from my area so pretty much all I will comment on... Florence should be better in 6A(almost beat Hoover in the 1st round this year) but they still have a few more years to adjust to 6A, its a young school and young program...
Cordova won 3A this time and will be loaded again (although they just lost their coach)... Tim Simon is an outstanding RB and should draw looks from D1 schools

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
Look for Gordo to make some noise in 3A this year as well. In the Hoover camp this year they came in 4th in the 7 on 7 matches behind: Hoover, Spain Park, and Tuscaloosa County. They went undefeated in 7 on 7 in the big Georgia camp recently and were the talk of the camp. Defense averaged 1 TD per game and they won by an average of 4 TD per game. Now, I realize we don't play 7 on 7, but.....

Will be interested to see how they fare against 6A Hillcrest in their first game. BIG game on Sept 12 when we host Cordova.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.