Whatever happened to Linnie Patrick

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Linnie was honored at midfield last night prior to kickoff of Jasper's homecoming game.

Pretty cool moment.
I remember when Linnie was coming out of High School at Walker. He was the premier back with Sam Dejarnette of Selma High. Sam ended up going to Auburn.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Linnie was at Walker County when I was in high school. I attended Minor and we played them every year. In his senior year, he rushed for over 200 yards and scored 4 TDS (I think) in beating us 42-21. He was unstoppable.

As as a side note, Minor had a junior linebacker by the name of Thomas Hubbard. He was the younger brother of Colenzo Hubbard that played at Alabama. Thomas that night had some ridiculous number of tackles because all he did run sideline to sideline chasing down Linnie. That game was pretty much the impetus for Thomas being named Parade All American that year.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
exiled, that run we're all talking about, I've watched the tape in slow motion many times and I counted 8 AU defenders either put a lick on him or had a hand on him during that run and could not get him down. I still say that was THE most impressive run I've ever seen by a RB at Bama. Never seen such skill and sheer determination.
I just watched the film, and yes, he was quite impressive.

But I still think Trent Richardson was the most amazing RB I've seen:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hear the Jasper Vikings (former Walker Co. High) has a pretty impressive team this year.

Oh to know the potential Linnie Patrick had. In his brief moments, he was magical.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.