One device to rule them all... anyone? anyone?

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
looking for one device to connect the ps2, xbox 360 and Wii and just switch between which ever they want to play at the time.

Can someone point me in the direction of such a device?

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
That depends, what are you using to hook your machines up to your TV? If you want to use a device selecter, you will have to use the same type of hookups for all three machines. (For example, if you are using component cables for the 360, you will have to use component cables for all three machines.) Pelican makes a low-cost system selecter that accepts component, S-video and standard AV cables and it costs around twenty bucks. (Last time I checked, you could buy one from wal-mart.)

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
That depends, what are you using to hook your machines up to your TV? If you want to use a device selecter, you will have to use the same type of hookups for all three machines. (For example, if you are using component cables for the 360, you will have to use component cables for all three machines.) Pelican makes a low-cost system selecter that accepts component, S-video and standard AV cables and it costs around twenty bucks. (Last time I checked, you could buy one from wal-mart.)

Thanks very much!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Also, for those of you with TVs and AV receivers with enough inputs to handle all your equipment, the Logitech Harmony remote makes it completely painless to switch inputs on both TV and receiver, with user-created labels on a small LCD display.

Press the button for "Watch TV"
TV comes on.
TV input changes to HDMI1
Receiver comes on
Receiver input changes to TV/Sat (optical digital)
Remote's play/pause/ff/rew functions control the DVR.
Remote's volume functions control the receiver.

Press the button for "Play XBox360"
TV stays on.
Receiver stays on.
TV input changes to Component1.
Receiver input changes to "XBox360" (optical digital audio originally intended for CD Audio, my Sony STR-V333ES receiver lets me relabel inputs)

Press the button for "Watch DVD"
TV stays on.
Receiver stays on.
DVD player comes on.
TV input changes to HDMI2.
Receiver input changes to "DVD" (optical digital)
Remote's play/pause/ff/rew functions control the DVD.

Press the button for "Play PS2"
TV stays on.
Receiver stays on.
DVD player turns off.
TV input changes to AV1
Receiver input changes to "PS2" (RCA stereo audio, originally VCR input, relabeled to say PS2 on the receiver)

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
I have a harmony 880, and I love that thing. It's a bit on the pricey side, but considering I'll never have to buy batteries for it, I'm still coming out pretty good. With one remote, I have eliminated the need for remotes for the following:

1. HD TV
2. DVD player
3. VCR
4. Cable Box
5. XBox 360
6. HD DVD player
7. HDMI switcher
8. Surround-Sound system
9. DVD Recorder

Woo Hoo! :p_green:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I have a harmony 880, and I love that thing. It's a bit on the pricey side, but considering I'll never have to buy batteries for it, I'm still coming out pretty good. With one remote, I have eliminated the need for remotes for the following:

1. HD TV
2. DVD player
3. VCR
4. Cable Box
5. XBox 360
6. HD DVD player
7. HDMI switcher
8. Surround-Sound system
9. DVD Recorder

Woo Hoo! :p_green:
That's the same model I use.
I got my mom one for Christmas and she's giddy :0
All the other remotes go in a drawer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.