John Grass leaves Spain Park to take over at Oxford High as head football coach

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
The Birmingham News

Spain Park High School football coach John Grass accepted Oxford High's coaching position Monday, essentially completing a swap of coaches between the two school systems.

Grass, the Class 6A Coach of the Year in 2007, informed Spain Park players of his decision during a team meeting. Spain Park Athletics Director Gena Morris, in a statement released by school system spokesman Jason Gaston, confirmed Grass is leaving for Oxford.

The hiring must be approved at a board meeting today at 9 a.m. in Oxford. Oxford Principal Trey Holladay would not confirm or deny the hiring.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I don't think this was only about salary..:conf2: ;)

In other Hoover news..Judge upholds firing of ex-principal Richard Bishop. No surprise there IMO. Like I said previously, till I was blue in the face..Bishop's firing had nothing to do with Propst or football. His review and the decision to not renew his one year contract was made last March, two months before the "scandal" actually went public.

He was pretty much considered the worst administrator in recent HHS memory by both the faculty and student body.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.