Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

DIRECTIONS
Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

JackF

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 14, 2006
I got this slow cooking in the crock pot right now.....I'll be back with a review and pics later.

It was great..the wife loved it. We ate it with tortilla chips, cheese & sour cream. Thanks for the recipe!

Had several of these while it cooked ;-)

Last edited:

LadyinRed

1st Team
Oct 19, 1999
Fayette Co., GA.
www.LadyinRed.net
So it is early June and it feels like late July. I made this tonight (Again). I went to one of my favorite restaurants. I bought a cup of their salsa. I love their salsa and it is not chunky (I love ALLLLL kinds of salsa). Since their salsa is more like tomato sauce I used the salsa instead of the tomato sauce. I honesty can taste the salsa. It was good before the salsa, but it really did add more to it!!!!

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
I tried this recipe this past weekend. It was very good. The great thing about it is that it seems to get better the longer it sits. I put some that we had left over in the fridge and ate it for lunch the next day. I think it tasted better then because the chicken had more time to absorb the juices. I highly recommend, especially on a cold day. :)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
This looks/sounds so good that I had to make a batch this evening. It's in the crock pot as I type this. I'm gonna cook it tonight and have it tomorrow. :) After all, it's cold (45 degrees) here is Florida tonight. BRRRRRR
Is it going to snow?

It's still in the low 80s here but we get a shower every day, usually around 2 PM. We fished this morning catching 9 spotted sea trout between 3-5 pounds, kept 4 skates for fried skate wings, and one big blacktip shark close to 5' which we sold at the dock and it paid for our fuel. Also kept a couple of rock bass big enough to bake.

Our soup for tomorrow is leftover vegetable soup or baked potato soup with bacon. That Chicken Taco soup is looking better and better if we only had some leftover chicken.

Is it going to snow?

It's still in the low 80s here but we get a shower every day, usually around 2 PM. We fished this morning catching 9 spotted sea trout between 3-5 pounds, kept 4 skates for fried skate wings, and one big blacktip shark close to 5' which we sold at the dock and it paid for our fuel. Also kept a couple of rock bass big enough to bake.

Our soup for tomorrow is leftover vegetable soup or baked potato soup with bacon. That Chicken Taco soup is looking better and better if we only had some leftover chicken.

It's a well known fact that in Florida, water freezes at 40 degrees and it will begin to snow around 45. I already have my plants covered and the dogs are inside by the fire :biggrin:.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.