NCAA basketball games

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
Anyone playing a 2008 NCAA basketball game? I've been playing the demo for NCAA 2K8 and I like it, but haven't been able to play EA sports version. I am probably going to buy one of these and was looking for advice. Thanks!

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
i gave up on EA sports' b-ball games a LONG time ago. stick with 2K. for even better gameplay, check out NBA 2K8.
I've long ago given up on NBA basketball...not from the gaming standpoint, but from the fan standpoint. At least I have a passing interest in the college game.

Thanks for the advice on NCAA 2K8, though. I have enjoyed playing the demo (although you can only play Ohio State vs. UNC for a 3 minute half). Does it have a dynasty mode and recruiting like the football games do?

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I've long ago given up on NBA basketball...not from the gaming standpoint, but from the fan standpoint. At least I have a passing interest in the college game.

Thanks for the advice on NCAA 2K8, though. I have enjoyed playing the demo (although you can only play Ohio State vs. UNC for a 3 minute half). Does it have a dynasty mode and recruiting like the football games do?
Yeah it does. 2K makes solid games. I haven't played NCAA 2K8 but I bought 2K7 last year and it was pretty good.

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
I hear a lot about the 2k games. The only NCAA game I've played was on PS2 and it was EA. I enjoyed it, and I don't enjoy basketball games.

I know this isn't NCAA, but on PS3 the latest NBA EA game is amazing.

DrBama

1st Team
Oct 12, 1999
Coker, AL
100% correct. 2K's college game is head and shoulders better than EA's but the NBA version is where it's at...
I took you folk's advice and am now the proud owner of NBA 2K8. I'll let you know how it goes. For the first several games, I'm getting it handed to me. I didn't lose the last game by double digits though, so maybe I'm improving. :)

iBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Just a heads up, but 2k has lost the rights for NCAA hoops and EA will have the only college game next year. 2K will still be doing NBA, though.

iBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2007
Alabaster, AL
That is horrible news. EA's NCAA basketball games are dreadful.
Yeppers. Looks like EA is making a power move on 2k. They are now trying to buy Take Two, who controls 2k games, 2k sports and Rockstar. So game wise, you're looking at Bioshock, Grand Theft Auto and NBA 2k.

They turned down an offer last week, but I'm sure EA will sweeten the pot.:mad2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.