Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports

One of the two places I work at is Gamestop (the other is a law office here in T-Town), and I can tell you that we're already taking reservations for NCAA and Madden 09 (just $5 down required GET EM NOW!).

Other than that, no clue. But they do generally all come out the same time...june/july area. You'll know more when I know more.

Yo, if you'll get me your mailing address I'll send you a few copies of Game Informer when the new issues break...if you're interested.

I've had family members and good friends serve overseas. Funny, current one's name is Wes.

FB | REC Moderator

Okay, finally some hard news:

The game has been officially slated for release on July 15th. EA Sports has the official site up now, but unfortunately it really doesn't have anything up yet.

And now for a bit of a joke... they have announced Trindon Holliday will be on the cover. Here is what it looks like:

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

I know one thing i would like to see is like a real time ranking system. Im not sure if thats the right wording or not. But for the play now mode, it would be nice to have the teams move up in ranking or move down in ranking depending on that teams performance in the fall.

It would also be nice to have that teams roster be modified due to injuries or suspensions week by week. Say for example your star HB goes down with an ankle injury, well he's done in the game for however long. Im not sure that they could even do something like this though, seeing as how they aren't allowed to put the names of players in the game.

And last, NEW COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!!! Not just some new, but all new!! Some of the commentary on the game has been there since like 06-07!
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar

"blah blah...and that's why they're on defense and not on offense"

"beep beep beep"... "what's that, Lee?"... "that's the sound of the offense moving in reverse"

You mean that commentary? Yeah most of it is pretty old.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Supplanting an expanded roster as #1 on my wish list would be for them to fix those damn annoying dirty disc errors. EA games are the only games on my 360 that I have that particular issue. It is V-E-R-Y annoying!!! I hope and pray that'll be fixed in this year's version.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation All-American ElkhartTider's Avatar

hmmm... my ps3 has never had a problem with a dirty disc read error .. on any game...

DAMN YOU EA!

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdbrock7 View Post
    Looks like they worked on the runner. At least he doesn't run like he's got a broom stick stuck up his butt. However, it seems like they have the same commentary.... It looks like 08 with new graphics and a new style of running.

And auburns halfback is ridiculously fast.
    Last edited by specialkpntbl; May 3rd, 2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: can't spell
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by specialkpntbl View Post
    And auburns halfback is ridiculously fast.
    Lol, I know. Auburn fans just wish Ben Tate could run like that.

Still, though, it looks a lot better. I usually only play NCAA, but last year I spent nearly all of my time playing Madden on my 360 instead. The NCAA gameplay was just terrible -- so bad that the graphics couldn't overcome it -- and the running game was the worst. The backs were ridiculously slow, and they ran in a very awkward fashion.

And moreover, the graphics weren't that good. They were certainly better than what you would find on the PS2 or the Xbox, but they were a shell of what you got on Madden. I understand that NCAA is really just an old recycled Madden game, but even so it was pretty bad by those standards last year. I'm hoping for a much better game this year, and from the videos I've seen, the gameplay does look better.

FB | REC Moderator

A few tidbits that can be gathered by looking at the screenshots at Operation Sports...

• Alabama is ranked #22 overall.

• We are an 84 overall, an 88 on offense, and an 82 on defense.

• Andre Smith is the highest rated Alabama player at a 97.

• Aside from Smith, three Alabama players are rated above 90. They are Antoine Caldwell (96), Rashad Johnson (94), and Marlon Davis (92).

• John Parker Wilson, Bobby Greenwood, and Mike Johnson are all rated an 87.

Now for some non-Alabama related tidbits...

• Georgia is the #1 team in the game, and they are simply a completely perfect team. They are 99 overall, 99 on offense, and 99 on defense.

• They are followed by #2 Oklahoma, #3 Ohio State, #4 USC, and #5 Florida.

• LSU is #6 with a 91 overall, and oddly enough EA feels their defense will be much better than the offense.

• Auburn is #16, with an 84 overall.

• Tim Tebow is rated as a 99 overall, one of supposedly only two players in the game to be rated that highly. I'm not sure who the other one is just yet.

• Knowshon Moreno is the highest rated UGA Bulldog coming in at a 96 overall.

• Sen'Derrick Marks is the highest rated Barner at 96 overall. And Ben Tate is the second highest with a 90 overall and a 92 speed... so that's why he was running like hell in the clips. All I can say is Barners wish he were really that fast.

• Ole Miss' Michael Oher is also rated as a 97, I believe, tying Andre Smith as the highest rated lineman in the game.

• Casper Brinkley is the highest rated Gamecock... 97 overall.

• Herman Johnson is the highest rated Bayou Bengal... 96 overall.

• Pat White is rated a 97, with a 92 overall speed. That should be the fastest of any quarterback in the game.

FB | REC Moderator

Here are the overall team ratings for the SEC...

SEC East

Georgia: 99
    Florida: 94
    Tennessee: 89
    South Carolina: 89
    Kentucky: 77
    Vanderbilt: 72

SEC West

LSU: 91
    Auburn: 84
    Alabama: 84
    Ole Miss: 84
    Arkansas: 79
    MSU: 74

FB | REC Moderator

A few other tidbits...

• Ole Miss will have a killer defensive line. They have two defensive ends rated 94 and 93, and a defensive tackle rated 86. Jevon Snead wasn't rated all of that high, though, apparently.

• Colquitt, the punter, is tied for the highest rated UT player at a 94 overall.

• Derek Pegues is the highest rated MSU player at a 93, and the only Bulldog rated over 90.

• Clemson is #11, and they have three guys at over 95.

• Mike Ford -- yes, that Mike Ford -- is coming in good, rated at 86 overall for USF.

• Apparently EA thinks Kentucky's defense will be much better than the offense... their seven highest rated players all play defense.

• The highest rated Texas A&M player, by far, is the punter. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about Fran's recruiting, nothing will.

• Someone needs to tell EA to stop fondling Ohio State under the table... James Laurinitus, the OSU MLB, is the only other player rated a 99.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; May 22nd, 2008 at 04:00 PM.

FB | REC Moderator

Here are some screenshots of a few alternate uniforms. Alternative uniforms were not on the game last year, but will be this year...

Arkansas all reds...

FSU all black (when have they ever worn these?)