specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
And auburns halfback is ridiculously fast.
Lol, I know. Auburn fans just wish Ben Tate could run like that.

Still, though, it looks a lot better. I usually only play NCAA, but last year I spent nearly all of my time playing Madden on my 360 instead. The NCAA gameplay was just terrible -- so bad that the graphics couldn't overcome it -- and the running game was the worst. The backs were ridiculously slow, and they ran in a very awkward fashion.

And moreover, the graphics weren't that good. They were certainly better than what you would find on the PS2 or the Xbox, but they were a shell of what you got on Madden. I understand that NCAA is really just an old recycled Madden game, but even so it was pretty bad by those standards last year. I'm hoping for a much better game this year, and from the videos I've seen, the gameplay does look better.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
A few tidbits that can be gathered by looking at the screenshots at Operation Sports...

• Alabama is ranked #22 overall.

• We are an 84 overall, an 88 on offense, and an 82 on defense.

• Andre Smith is the highest rated Alabama player at a 97.

• Aside from Smith, three Alabama players are rated above 90. They are Antoine Caldwell (96), Rashad Johnson (94), and Marlon Davis (92).

• John Parker Wilson, Bobby Greenwood, and Mike Johnson are all rated an 87.
Now for some non-Alabama related tidbits...

• Georgia is the #1 team in the game, and they are simply a completely perfect team. They are 99 overall, 99 on offense, and 99 on defense.

• They are followed by #2 Oklahoma, #3 Ohio State, #4 USC, and #5 Florida.

• LSU is #6 with a 91 overall, and oddly enough EA feels their defense will be much better than the offense.

• Auburn is #16, with an 84 overall.

• Tim Tebow is rated as a 99 overall, one of supposedly only two players in the game to be rated that highly. I'm not sure who the other one is just yet.

• Knowshon Moreno is the highest rated UGA Bulldog coming in at a 96 overall.

• Sen'Derrick Marks is the highest rated Barner at 96 overall. And Ben Tate is the second highest with a 90 overall and a 92 speed... so that's why he was running like hell in the clips. All I can say is Barners wish he were really that fast.

• Ole Miss' Michael Oher is also rated as a 97, I believe, tying Andre Smith as the highest rated lineman in the game.

• Casper Brinkley is the highest rated Gamecock... 97 overall.

• Herman Johnson is the highest rated Bayou Bengal... 96 overall.

• Pat White is rated a 97, with a 92 overall speed. That should be the fastest of any quarterback in the game.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Here are the overall team ratings for the SEC...

SEC East

Georgia: 99
Florida: 94
Tennessee: 89
South Carolina: 89
Kentucky: 77
Vanderbilt: 72

SEC West

LSU: 91
Auburn: 84
Alabama: 84
Ole Miss: 84
Arkansas: 79
MSU: 74

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
A few other tidbits...

• Ole Miss will have a killer defensive line. They have two defensive ends rated 94 and 93, and a defensive tackle rated 86. Jevon Snead wasn't rated all of that high, though, apparently.

• Colquitt, the punter, is tied for the highest rated UT player at a 94 overall.

• Derek Pegues is the highest rated MSU player at a 93, and the only Bulldog rated over 90.

• Clemson is #11, and they have three guys at over 95.

• Mike Ford -- yes, that Mike Ford -- is coming in good, rated at 86 overall for USF.

• Apparently EA thinks Kentucky's defense will be much better than the offense... their seven highest rated players all play defense.

• The highest rated Texas A&M player, by far, is the punter. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about Fran's recruiting, nothing will.

• Someone needs to tell EA to stop fondling Ohio State under the table... James Laurinitus, the OSU MLB, is the only other player rated a 99.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Here are some screenshots of a few alternate uniforms. Alternative uniforms were not on the game last year, but will be this year...

Arkansas all reds...

FSU all black (when have they ever worn these?)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Here are some screenshots of a few alternate uniforms. Alternative uniforms were not on the game last year, but will be this year...

FSU all black (when have they ever worn these?)

They wore them to "suck up" to the Seminole Tribe of Florida last year and the year before.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Are those ps3 or 360 screenshots? Or does it matter...
The second screenshot, the one of the FSU player, is from the Xbox 360. However, the 360 and PS3 screenshots are so similar it really doesn't matter.

The first screenshot is from the Wii. You can really tell the drop-off in the quality of graphics.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
They better include all of the "extras" that came with the 360 version last year with the ps3 version this year. That made me so mad.
The PS3 version will be running at 60fps this year unlike last year from what I've gathered so that's a major improvement for PS3 owners. I would assume everything else would be identical for the two platforms.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
A few updated Alabama player ratings, this time for the wide receivers.

Mike McCoy is the highest rated receiver, with an 86 overall and a 90 speed.

Nikita Stover is second, with an 85 overall and an 89 speed. Julio Jones -- who is listed as #81 -- is tied with Stover at an 85 overall and a 89 speed.

Some WR, #11, is listed as an 80 overall and an 85 speed. That must be one of the true freshmen, someone like Ray or Bolton. It probably isn't Scott at that low of speed.

Marquis Maze is a 77 overall with an 84 speed, and Oakley is in the same boat. Earl Alexander is about the lowest rated of them all.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
They clearly don't know much about our guys because Maze is waaaaaaay faster than that, so is Julio for that matter. I've come to expect this from EA though so it's not surprising.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Found the cornerback ratings for Alabama, and EA totally screwed those up.

Marquis Johnson is the highest rated corner with an 82 overall and a 91 speed, and Lionell Mitchell is the second highest with an 82 overall and a 90 speed.
Kareem Jackson, obviously the team's best corner, is fifth overall in the game with an 80 overall rating and an 87 speed.

The third highest rated corner is some guy #35, which I assume is Alonzo Lawrence. He clocks in at an 81 overall and a 91 speed.

There is also a corner #9 -- a 5'11 and 194 pound true freshman, which I assume is Green -- that is rated 80 overall and a 92 speed.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm probably not going to buy it this time. I might rent it from gamefly. I am going to get Madden.

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
I wish they would quit making speed a number, and instead put it in as a 40 time. For instance, it doesn't make sense to have a freshman come in with a speed of "84" and then end up at a speed of "92" at the end of his career. I have never understood the reasoning behind that.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Found the cornerback ratings for Alabama, and EA totally screwed those up.

Marquis Johnson is the highest rated corner with an 82 overall and a 91 speed, and Lionell Mitchell is the second highest with an 82 overall and a 90 speed.
Kareem Jackson, obviously the team's best corner, is fifth overall in the game with an 80 overall rating and an 87 speed.

The third highest rated corner is some guy #35, which I assume is Alonzo Lawrence. He clocks in at an 81 overall and a 91 speed.

There is also a corner #9 -- a 5'11 and 194 pound true freshman, which I assume is Green -- that is rated 80 overall and a 92 speed.

When was the last time Bama had a player over 93 spd on NCAA?Good grief. I normally dont play much with them cause we rarely have any speed while other teams have multiple guys over 95

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.