Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports - Page 3
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Here are some screenshots of a few alternate uniforms. Alternative uniforms were not on the game last year, but will be this year...

FSU all black (when have they ever worn these?)

They wore them to "suck up" to the Seminole Tribe of Florida last year and the year before.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I refuse to buy this game again until they change the 70 man rosters. i haven't bought it since 07.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

Are those ps3 or 360 screenshots? Or does it matter...
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by specialkpntbl View Post
    Are those ps3 or 360 screenshots? Or does it matter...
    The second screenshot, the one of the FSU player, is from the Xbox 360. However, the 360 and PS3 screenshots are so similar it really doesn't matter.

The first screenshot is from the Wii. You can really tell the drop-off in the quality of graphics.

They better include all of the "extras" that came with the 360 version last year with the ps3 version this year. That made me so mad.
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by specialkpntbl View Post
    They better include all of the "extras" that came with the 360 version last year with the ps3 version this year. That made me so mad.
    The PS3 version will be running at 60fps this year unlike last year from what I've gathered so that's a major improvement for PS3 owners. I would assume everything else would be identical for the two platforms.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

FB | REC Moderator

A few updated Alabama player ratings, this time for the wide receivers.

Mike McCoy is the highest rated receiver, with an 86 overall and a 90 speed.

Nikita Stover is second, with an 85 overall and an 89 speed. Julio Jones -- who is listed as #81 -- is tied with Stover at an 85 overall and a 89 speed.

Some WR, #11, is listed as an 80 overall and an 85 speed. That must be one of the true freshmen, someone like Ray or Bolton. It probably isn't Scott at that low of speed.

Marquis Maze is a 77 overall with an 84 speed, and Oakley is in the same boat. Earl Alexander is about the lowest rated of them all.

I like the new(ish) interface

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

They clearly don't know much about our guys because Maze is waaaaaaay faster than that, so is Julio for that matter. I've come to expect this from EA though so it's not surprising.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation All-American

seems to me they always overate our dline.

FB | REC Moderator

Found the cornerback ratings for Alabama, and EA totally screwed those up.

Marquis Johnson is the highest rated corner with an 82 overall and a 91 speed, and Lionell Mitchell is the second highest with an 82 overall and a 90 speed.
    Kareem Jackson, obviously the team's best corner, is fifth overall in the game with an 80 overall rating and an 87 speed.

The third highest rated corner is some guy #35, which I assume is Alonzo Lawrence. He clocks in at an 81 overall and a 91 speed.

There is also a corner #9 -- a 5'11 and 194 pound true freshman, which I assume is Green -- that is rated 80 overall and a 92 speed.

I'm probably not going to buy it this time. I might rent it from gamefly. I am going to get Madden.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-American Bama323's Avatar

I wish they would quit making speed a number, and instead put it in as a 40 time. For instance, it doesn't make sense to have a freshman come in with a speed of "84" and then end up at a speed of "92" at the end of his career. I have never understood the reasoning behind that.