Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Big A Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports

I'm starting this thread- because I'm in Iraq- and the Army in it's infinate wisdom has blocked all gaming sites- therefore I can't get any updates for the upcoming NCAA 09 football game. Anyone who is an advid NCAA player - please help me out in this thread by offering such updates.

BamaNation All-American Bama4Ever831's Avatar

Re: Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports

I did a search on gamespot.com and nothing has been announced as far as I know. It usually comes out in July though.

BamaNation First Team

Wes,

Let me say thank you for what you are doing. My Brother was in the 1st gulf war and just his stories were just horrifying. You definitely have my utmost gratitude for what you are doing.

On to what you asked about.

I have not seen anything about NCAA 2009. There has only been wishlists and stuff.

I hope we can get more of the campus legend development and also more plays like the spread and other trick plays.

FB | REC Moderator

First and foremost, thank you for all you are doing.

As for the game itself, I do not believe there has been any concrete information released as of yet. It usually does not come out until late July, and at this point it is little more than a bunch of wish lists and unconfirmed rumors making the rounds.

They haven't even decided who is going to be on the cover just yet. It could be a few different guys, I suppose, but the general consensus right now is that Darren McFadden will get the cover. That may not be right, but that is likely the case. It usually goes to a top QB / RB / WR, and McFadden certainly leads that group. I highly doubt they put a kid like Matt Ryan on there before D-Mac.

I will search some more later and see if I can find anything else, but I just do not think there is very much out there right now. When some concrete information comes along though, I'll make sure you get word of it ASAP.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; February 11th, 2008 at 01:45 AM.

BamaNation Third Team

Big A Re: Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports

Cool,
    Thanks for the search - It probably is still a little early - but usually they start cranking up screen shots in a couple of months. I've got a PS3 - and it was good to see them get the Bama uniforms finally straight. I would love to see a more expansive playbook too - or a tool where you could develop and save your own playbook. I also wish they would come out with an AD mode where you could hire-fire coaches- manage budgets - change uniforms - field markings- and manage stadium expansions. I think that would be fun and better then the Heisman made now. Dream On! Right!

Thanks for the kind words - I appreciate the support - !

I know this isn't a wishlist thread, but I just HAVE to mention some of the things I would like, since there are some fellow gamers here (something I was not aware of!)...

Customizable alternate jerseys. Teams like Oregon, for example, are always tinkering with their uniform, so it'd be nice to be able to update the look. '08 doesn't have black jerseys for Georgia, which makes me sad. This would be an easy fix if only...

Customizable Exhibit Top 25. When you start exhibition games, or first start Dynasty mode, teams are always ranked from the game's release date. To me, that dates the game quick.

New commentary, please?

More freedom to integrate playbooks. Boise State's "Statue of Liberty" can't be transferred just by moving Ace Bunch into your playbook - you have to make your playbook a Boise State clone, then change the other packs from there. In the process, you lose the HB Toss, which I think is one of the best run attacks.

Could we get the option to put our coach in a suit? Most of my favorite coaches dressed to impress on the field, and in the game you're limited to a weird looking polo shirt. Not a big deal, I guess, but when the camera shows the coach it just annoys me to death that Saban and Fulmer (you know, the fat guy in orange) look like they have the same tailor.

All-Time Accuracy. How sweet would it be if the All-Time teams had all eras of jerseys on? Leather caps next to full cages, etc.

Alright, alright, I'll shut up.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

I think you won't hear much till after Spring Practice is over for all the schools. I know that EA hires local folks to evaluate the talent and rank it during Spring Practice which they (EA) evaluate and give the numerical rating for each category. To quantify what I'm saying, Ray Melick has done this for a couple years for Alabama, and told the story of doing so on the radio a while back.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I think you won't hear much till after Spring Practice is over for all the schools. I know that EA hires local folks to evaluate the talent and rank it during Spring Practice which they (EA) evaluate and give the numerical rating for each category. To quantify what I'm saying, Ray Melick has done this for a couple years for Alabama, and told the story of doing so on the radio a while back.
    So that's why JPW has lead shoes and Glen Coffee fumbles like a double amputee in NCAA 2008.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Third Team

yeah they have always rated Bama poorly on this game. I am hoping for accurate rosters. I would like to see Javier Arenas on the game because they have Nakita Stover returning for us. I also hope that they get our freshman on their because I want to start Star right away and Julio for that matter. thats just me though.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar

I'm not real sure of the upcoming release. However, I am sure that I'll go undefeated in my dynasty mode again.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation First Team bamafan37's Avatar

Speaking of our incoming recruits, how do you guys see some of them being rated? Here are some of mine...

Julio - 85 with 93 speed
    BJ Scott - 82 with 95 speed
    Star - 78 with 82 speed
    Barron - 80
    Love - 82
    Lawrence - 80
    Harris - 81

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy2012 View Post
    yeah they have always rated Bama poorly on this game.
    I honestly wouldn't blame the EA guys for that. Sadly enough, we haven't been rated very highly because we haven't been very good. In the eight seasons thus far in this decade, we have only lost fewer than five games in a season twice. Six times this decade we have racked up six losses or more in a season. The ratings, I think, generally reflect that. If anything, all too often we've been rated a bit higher on the game than we have played on the actual football field in the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy2012 View Post
    I also hope that they get our freshman on their because I want to start Star right away and Julio for that matter. thats just me though.
    I imagine they will. We will probably end up getting 8-9 true freshmen on the game, which is a fairly high number. Julio and several others will be on there, I'm sure.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

#1 on my wishlist is another expansion of the roster. 70 is a huge leap over the 55 that it used to be but I sure would like to see them bump it up to at least 75 if not more. The alternate jerseys would also be nice.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran