Ncaa 09 - Ea Sports

bamawes69

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 8, 2008
I'm starting this thread- because I'm in Iraq- and the Army in it's infinate wisdom has blocked all gaming sites- therefore I can't get any updates for the upcoming NCAA 09 football game. Anyone who is an advid NCAA player - please help me out in this thread by offering such updates.

Dakotatider

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Wes,

Let me say thank you for what you are doing. My Brother was in the 1st gulf war and just his stories were just horrifying. You definitely have my utmost gratitude for what you are doing.

On to what you asked about.

I have not seen anything about NCAA 2009. There has only been wishlists and stuff.

I hope we can get more of the campus legend development and also more plays like the spread and other trick plays.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
First and foremost, thank you for all you are doing.

As for the game itself, I do not believe there has been any concrete information released as of yet. It usually does not come out until late July, and at this point it is little more than a bunch of wish lists and unconfirmed rumors making the rounds.

They haven't even decided who is going to be on the cover just yet. It could be a few different guys, I suppose, but the general consensus right now is that Darren McFadden will get the cover. That may not be right, but that is likely the case. It usually goes to a top QB / RB / WR, and McFadden certainly leads that group. I highly doubt they put a kid like Matt Ryan on there before D-Mac.

I will search some more later and see if I can find anything else, but I just do not think there is very much out there right now. When some concrete information comes along though, I'll make sure you get word of it ASAP.

Last edited:

bamawes69

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 8, 2008
Cool,
Thanks for the search - It probably is still a little early - but usually they start cranking up screen shots in a couple of months. I've got a PS3 - and it was good to see them get the Bama uniforms finally straight. I would love to see a more expansive playbook too - or a tool where you could develop and save your own playbook. I also wish they would come out with an AD mode where you could hire-fire coaches- manage budgets - change uniforms - field markings- and manage stadium expansions. I think that would be fun and better then the Heisman made now. Dream On! Right!

Thanks for the kind words - I appreciate the support - !

AngryEwok

All-SEC
I know this isn't a wishlist thread, but I just HAVE to mention some of the things I would like, since there are some fellow gamers here (something I was not aware of!)...

Customizable alternate jerseys. Teams like Oregon, for example, are always tinkering with their uniform, so it'd be nice to be able to update the look. '08 doesn't have black jerseys for Georgia, which makes me sad. This would be an easy fix if only...

Customizable Exhibit Top 25. When you start exhibition games, or first start Dynasty mode, teams are always ranked from the game's release date. To me, that dates the game quick.

New commentary, please?

More freedom to integrate playbooks. Boise State's "Statue of Liberty" can't be transferred just by moving Ace Bunch into your playbook - you have to make your playbook a Boise State clone, then change the other packs from there. In the process, you lose the HB Toss, which I think is one of the best run attacks.

Could we get the option to put our coach in a suit? Most of my favorite coaches dressed to impress on the field, and in the game you're limited to a weird looking polo shirt. Not a big deal, I guess, but when the camera shows the coach it just annoys me to death that Saban and Fulmer (you know, the fat guy in orange) look like they have the same tailor.

All-Time Accuracy. How sweet would it be if the All-Time teams had all eras of jerseys on? Leather caps next to full cages, etc.

Alright, alright, I'll shut up.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I think you won't hear much till after Spring Practice is over for all the schools. I know that EA hires local folks to evaluate the talent and rank it during Spring Practice which they (EA) evaluate and give the numerical rating for each category. To quantify what I'm saying, Ray Melick has done this for a couple years for Alabama, and told the story of doing so on the radio a while back.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I think you won't hear much till after Spring Practice is over for all the schools. I know that EA hires local folks to evaluate the talent and rank it during Spring Practice which they (EA) evaluate and give the numerical rating for each category. To quantify what I'm saying, Ray Melick has done this for a couple years for Alabama, and told the story of doing so on the radio a while back.
So that's why JPW has lead shoes and Glen Coffee fumbles like a double amputee in NCAA 2008.

BamaBoy2012

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 20, 2008
yeah they have always rated Bama poorly on this game. I am hoping for accurate rosters. I would like to see Javier Arenas on the game because they have Nakita Stover returning for us. I also hope that they get our freshman on their because I want to start Star right away and Julio for that matter. thats just me though.

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
Speaking of our incoming recruits, how do you guys see some of them being rated? Here are some of mine...

Julio - 85 with 93 speed
BJ Scott - 82 with 95 speed
Star - 78 with 82 speed
Barron - 80
Love - 82
Lawrence - 80
Harris - 81

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
yeah they have always rated Bama poorly on this game.
I honestly wouldn't blame the EA guys for that. Sadly enough, we haven't been rated very highly because we haven't been very good. In the eight seasons thus far in this decade, we have only lost fewer than five games in a season twice. Six times this decade we have racked up six losses or more in a season. The ratings, I think, generally reflect that. If anything, all too often we've been rated a bit higher on the game than we have played on the actual football field in the Fall.

I also hope that they get our freshman on their because I want to start Star right away and Julio for that matter. thats just me though.
I imagine they will. We will probably end up getting 8-9 true freshmen on the game, which is a fairly high number. Julio and several others will be on there, I'm sure.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
#1 on my wishlist is another expansion of the roster. 70 is a huge leap over the 55 that it used to be but I sure would like to see them bump it up to at least 75 if not more. The alternate jerseys would also be nice.

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
One of the two places I work at is Gamestop (the other is a law office here in T-Town), and I can tell you that we're already taking reservations for NCAA and Madden 09 (just $5 down required GET EM NOW!).

Other than that, no clue. But they do generally all come out the same time...june/july area. You'll know more when I know more. ;)

Yo, if you'll get me your mailing address I'll send you a few copies of Game Informer when the new issues break...if you're interested.

I've had family members and good friends serve overseas. Funny, current one's name is Wes.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Okay, finally some hard news:

The game has been officially slated for release on July 15th. EA Sports has the official site up now, but unfortunately it really doesn't have anything up yet.

And now for a bit of a joke... they have announced Trindon Holliday will be on the cover. Here is what it looks like:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I know one thing i would like to see is like a real time ranking system. Im not sure if thats the right wording or not. But for the play now mode, it would be nice to have the teams move up in ranking or move down in ranking depending on that teams performance in the fall.

It would also be nice to have that teams roster be modified due to injuries or suspensions week by week. Say for example your star HB goes down with an ankle injury, well he's done in the game for however long. Im not sure that they could even do something like this though, seeing as how they aren't allowed to put the names of players in the game.

And last, NEW COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!!! Not just some new, but all new!! Some of the commentary on the game has been there since like 06-07!

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
"blah blah...and that's why they're on defense and not on offense"

"beep beep beep"... "what's that, Lee?"... "that's the sound of the offense moving in reverse"

You mean that commentary? :p_lol: Yeah most of it is pretty old.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Supplanting an expanded roster as #1 on my wish list would be for them to fix those damn annoying dirty disc errors. EA games are the only games on my 360 that I have that particular issue. It is V-E-R-Y annoying!!! I hope and pray that'll be fixed in this year's version.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.