Chicken Parm Meatball Subs

aprovo

3rd Team
Nov 18, 2002
Worthington, OH
Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.

Place chicken in a bowl and season with grill seasoning.
Add egg, half of the grated cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, and a serious drizzle of EVOO to the bowl.
Mix the meat and form 12 large meatballs. Squish the balls to flatten them a bit like mini oval meatloaves. Be careful not to form the balls wider than your bread. The flattened balls will stay put on your sub, no roll-aways!
Bake the meatballs 15 minutes until golden and firm. Switch the broiler on.
While the meatballs bake, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons EVOO, about three turns of the pan, and garlic and cook 5 minutes then remove the cloves.
Add crushed red pepper flakes then tomatoes and stir in the chicken stock.
Season the sauce with salt and pepper and simmer 10 minutes, adjust seasonings and stir in the basil. Reserve a extra sauce for dipping on dinner table.
Remove the meat from oven and loosen with a thin spatula. Turn meat balls in sauce.
Cut sub rolls making the bottom a little deeper than the top.
Hollow out a little bread and lightly toast the sub rolls under broiler.
Fill the bottoms of the breads with flattened balls and sauce.
Combine the provolone and remaining Parmigiano. Cover the subs with cheese and return to broiler to melt the cheese until golden.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
This looks pretty good and I think I will put it on my things to try list. I have only been playing around with ground chicken for a short while and not that long ago was introduced to chicken sausage which I found delicious and not very chicken tasting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.