Blackened Shrimp or Chicken

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
If you are making Chicken Alfredo, Place 2 Tbsp. oil in a skillet on medium heat. Coat Chicken in the Blackening seasoning and place in hot skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Set chicken aside to rest while continuing the dish. Add 2 Tbsp. oil to clean skillet on medium heat. Add fettuccini, salt and pepper to taste and garlic, cook until heated through. Add heavy cream and cook until hot and bubbly. Add parmesan cheese and toss to incorporate. Sauce should be thick and creamy and stick to the pasta. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with blackened chicken.
If you are making Shrimp Alfredo, place 2 Tbsp. oil in a skillet on medium heat. Place Shrimp in skillet and cook two to three minutes on each side. When shrimp are almost cooked through, add fettuccini, salt and pepper to taste and garlic, cook until heated through. Add heavy cream and cook until hot and bubbly. Add parmesan cheese and toss to incorporate. Sauce should be thick and creamy and stick to the pasta. Transfer to serving bowl and top with more parmesan cheese if desired.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I love this stuff but don't make it at home unless I'm outside. Funny story here. When I first learned how to blacken things (on purpose) I was living in an apartment between selling one house and buying another. I had a parrot that kind of kept me company and a spaniel. I was doing blackened catfish. I got the pan hot. I put the seasoning on the catfish. I put the catfish in the pan and everything went dark. I couldn't see a thing for all the smoke. I took the pan off the burner and ran for the door. Me and the spaniel made it then I thought about Willie the parrot. I ran back in and grabbed cage and all. Willie was down on the cage floor not looking too good but he finally raised his head as if asking "Are we all dead?". From that time on anytime I see the word "Blackened" my first thought is "Outdoor Recipe". ;)

aprovo

3rd Team
Nov 18, 2002
Worthington, OH
:p_red:
I love this stuff but don't make it at home unless I'm outside. Funny story here. When I first learned how to blacken things (on purpose) I was living in an apartment between selling one house and buying another. I had a parrot that kind of kept me company and a spaniel. I was doing blackened catfish. I got the pan hot. I put the seasoning on the catfish. I put the catfish in the pan and everything went dark. I couldn't see a thing for all the smoke. I took the pan off the burner and ran for the door. Me and the spaniel made it then I thought about Willie the parrot. I ran back in and grabbed cage and all. Willie was down on the cage floor not looking too good but he finally raised his head as if asking "Are we all dead?". From that time on anytime I see the word "Blackened" my first thought is "Outdoor Recipe". ;)
I have a similar story...but as my boyfriend ran outside with the dogs and the smoke pouring out through the door a neighbor was walking by and asked if everything was ok. My boyfriend proceeded to tell the neighbor, "Yeah, my girlfriend is just trying to cook, this happens all the time." And yes, he ran out leaving me inside to deal with the smoke and all the smoke alarms. Afterwards, I was reading the cookbook (Chef Prudhommes) and there in the middle of the cookbook with colored pictures and all, it stated that this is best done outside. I concur. :redface:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.