Margarita Grilled Shrimp

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Combine the shrimp, garlic, lime juice, orange juice, honey, triple sec, margarita mix, olive oil, tequila, cilantro, red pepper, and salt in a bowl; toss to combine; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Drain the marinade from the shrimp and discard; thread the shrimp on the skewers.
Cook on preheated grill until the shrimp turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side.

Last edited:

TideRollsInVa

All-SEC
Oct 16, 1999
Lake Martin, AL & Atlanta
Outstanding meal, I did put an equal amout of Triple Sec in the marinade.

Was not a day for grilling and I thought; why not remove shrimp from marinade and pan fry, afterall it's coated with oil? Worked great. Mrs TRIV had some noodles cooked up and I thought; why not place the marinade in the grill pan after I had removed the shrimp and reduce it down some over medium heat? I added a few TBS of this reduction to noodles and tossed.

Great meal, thanks HT

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

Was not a day for grilling and I thought; why not remove shrimp from marinade and pan fry, afterall it's coated with oil? Worked great. Mrs TRIV had some noodles cooked up and I thought; why not place the marinade in the grill pan after I had removed the shrimp and reduce it down some over medium heat? I added a few TBS of this reduction to noodles and tossed.

Great meal, thanks HT
Adding the tripple sec is an outstanding idea.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Great meal, thanks HT
Great switch. I'm going to try it that way as well. Good save with the triple sec.:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.