Cowboy Ribeyes

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Wont the gring be too coarse if they use regular pre-ground automatic drip coffee??
I think it will big question mark on think. I have always been told to use a fine grind like espresso or the constancy of powdered cocoa. I guess you could buzz the coffee in a blender some more, that might work but never have tried it.

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
I believe that regular grind would be way too gritty. I have been grinding my own beans for several years and bounce around as to the brand. Honestly, Eight O'clock beans are the normal everyday bean. Warm them in the microwave for 35 - 40 sec and grind to a very fine powder. Better than any coffee house coffee that I have had.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Not real sure what i did wrong, but we didnt like it. Maybe I used too much of the stuff on my steaks, I dont know. Tasted like very strong coffee to us. How much should i put on the steaks? I am willing to try it again if its possible to put too much on there.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Not real sure what i did wrong, but we didnt like it. Maybe I used too much of the stuff on my steaks, I dont know. Tasted like very strong coffee to us. How much should i put on the steaks? I am willing to try it again if its possible to put too much on there.
Yes you can put too much on the meat. Try putting on half as much next time and see if that works of course there is nothing wrong with you just not liking the dish. I don't like everything I see in a cookbook either.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Yea, i think i will like it toned down some. I really liked the sweetness but the coffee was way too much for me. Will definetly try again with not near as much. I actually did it like i used to use "Black Magic". I rubbed some on there to begin with but once I put it on the grill, i poured more on there. Worked perfect with whatever that Black Magic seasoning was made out of, but didnt work with the coffee. Will try again next week and advise.

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
I never add more after the initial rub. What falls off on the grill is just gone. A good dusting is enough.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Finally got around to making this. I put the coffee and brown sugar in a bowl.. but i added, slat, black pepper, cayenne, finely chopped garlic, and a little olive oil chopped parsley and made it kinda like a paste. Rubbed it on the ribeyes, and let it sit for a couple hours before putting it on the grill. It turned out good. one of my favorite ribeyes ever!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.