Cowboy Ribeyes

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
Take your ribeyes out of the packaging and wrap in several paper towels and place on a rack in your fridge for a couple of days (age the beef)

Grind a half cup of coffee beans (you do grind your own don't you) on espresso grind(verryy fine). Mix with quarter cup of dark brown sugar. Rub all over your steaks and let sit while you go light the grill.

After the grill is screamin' hot, throw on the steaks and grill to desired state. Rare - medium rare for me. Keep the steak sauce away. Grill sweet corn as a side dish and a fresh salad with cold premium beer. NO BUD OR MILLER ALLOWED. A hard crusty bread to sop up the juice with is optional.

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
Never put coffee on a steak before. Not sure if Im willing to risk a ribeye to try it, but I might give it a try. :)
My wife doesn't like coffee and she flipped over this one. It is so good that it will make you eat yourself and lick the spot where you were sitting.

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
It works, also good on grilled tuna steaks.
I have a hard time putting tuna to the grill. I like to slice it super thin, sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt and fresh lime juice and eat it raw. When I do grill it I am always paranoid that I am going to over cook it. Very rare for me.

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
Im probably going to try this since I have the ingredients already in my kitchen. Do you think it would ok to add a little red pepper to the mix? I like a little heat with my sweet.

Absolutely a great idea. I was going to roast some jalapeños and pulverize them with the rub next time. Cayenne or red pepper flakes may be better.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I like Red Stripe with ribeye
Are you familiar enough with Red Stripe to remember back when you didn't drink the last half inch in the bottle because you didn't know what might be crawling about in that muck? Red Stripe has cleaned up their image and it's good to the last drop but back in the day............

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Are you familiar enough with Red Stripe to remember back when you didn't drink the last half inch in the bottle because you didn't know what might be crawling about in that muck? Red Stripe has cleaned up their image and it's good to the last drop but back in the day............

LOL. No, Im relatively new to Red Stripe. Only been drinking it about 2 years now.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
XXL, this may be a dumb question, but what KIND of coffee beans do you use in the recipe????????
I don't have an absolute answer but I have done this recipe several times using steak or tuna. The way I was taught was to use a fine grind like espresso. It should be about the same consistency as powdered cocoa. In fact powdered cocoa is another thing I have put on tuna before grilling. As for what KIND of coffee bean, I would think it would be one's taste of which depth of roast one likes, dark roast, light roast, in between or maybe whatever your favorite coffee is. I can't tell much difference in brands when cooked like this but I can when they are brewed and put in a cup.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
don't laugh me off the board for asking, but if I used my pre-ground Folgers just to try it first, would it be blasphemous? I don't buy and grind beans; I buy coffee in a can and keep it in the freezer.

Bama1970

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2007
Lucedale, Ms
don't laugh me off the board for asking, but if I used my pre-ground Folgers just to try it first, would it be blasphemous? I don't buy and grind beans; I buy coffee in a can and keep it in the freezer.
Same here.. that's why I was asking what kind of coffee bean... :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Just do it and dare anyone to complain about the kind of coffee you used. Don't even tell them if it's decaf. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.