George Pugh takes the head gig at Lanier ....

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
.... and Al Pogue comes over from St Jude to be the new head man at Carver .

Coach Pugh is a former Tider , 72-75 , who is originally from Montgomery . He played his HS ball over at R.E. Lee . Excellent hire IMO .

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080326/SPORTS03/803260356/1020
Pugh has been a collegiate head coach at Alabama A&M and an assistant at Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, UAB, Arkansas and Houston and others. At the high school level, Pugh led Selma in 1992 and 1993 and was an assistant at Luverne in 1994.
Also , Prattville should have their announcement as early as today .

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Prattville announced last night at the Country Board meeting. The new head coach is Jamie Dubose. Coach Dubose was the interim and the OC under Coach Clark. The players I have talked to are excited that they kept him on.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Wow ....

Then a snag developed.

On the same night Pugh was approved, Pharrams' contract for the upcoming school year was not renewed. Pugh said he is leery of the uncertainty surrounding Pharrams' departure at the end of the school year and the hiring of a new principal.

"I was all fired up and ready to go and then I kind of got blindsided when I found out he wouldn't be there," said Pugh, who first learned of the situation on Monday. "Mr. Pharrams is the one that sold me on why I should be there. I felt comfortable with him.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.