high school playoff idea?!?

rat

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2005
What if each state on the mainland selected a high school all star team and then each team across the nation squared off against each other in a 48 team playoff? (single elimination). Not sure off the top of my head how'd that work but i'd like to see it.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
What if each state on the mainland selected a high school all star team and then each team across the nation squared off against each other in a 48 team playoff? (single elimination).
If that happened, you would have a 48-team single-elimination playoff.

mswiggins

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 29, 2005
With 48 teams, it would take 6 rounds of games to determine a winner.
That would be a lot of travel and the boys just went through a 5 week playoff (atleast in Alabama).

It is a neat idea, but not very practical.

And I am guess that Texas, Florida and California would be the odds on favorites. There population and talent pool is huge.

FreeBro

1st Team
Nov 17, 2006
SE Alabama
Would be cool, but totally NOT practical for the reasons mentioneed above. It would be cool to do a bowl game and rotate the states playing each other. One year the Alabama state champ plays the GA champ and the next year we'd play Miss or FLA. All-star teams suck. Not enough practice with each other. Would love to see Prattville play the state champ from a surrounding state. Every one Alabama has seemed to have gone ..... for the Franklin System or something akin to it. In GA there are still a bunch of teams that line up and run the ball with a QB under center. Florida has always been pretty diverse and I do NOT know about Miss. Most of the teams (I'd say 90%) in 6A have gone gun and don't know why.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.