How many here are excited about GTA IV? - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Suspended

Re: How many here are excited about GTA IV?

The game definitely fun, and I'm not usually a big fan of these types. Looks gorgeous, and the jokes add a great atmosphere. I've never played the earlier ones in the series, so I don't know how it compares.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCT View Post
    The game definitely fun, and I'm not usually a big fan of these types. Looks gorgeous, and the jokes add a great atmosphere. I've never played the earlier ones in the series, so I don't know how it compares.
    How did you get a copy this early?
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEATtutorsee View Post
    There reports going around about stores in certain cities selling it early.

I wish Tuscaloosa was one of them...
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Suspended

After playing a few more hours instead of studying, I can say pretty assuredly that y'all are going to be very happy with this on Tuesday. It's kinda addictive. I can't exactly test multiplayer right now, but it sounds like it will be pretty awesome.

It requires you to flash the DVD-ROM firmware on your 360. The mods would probably frown on me going into any more detail than that.

DD, if I'd seen this sooner, I would've just invited you over to my place so you could play a bit.

Playing with fire a little huh? That's cool, more power to ya.

If all the reviews are any indication GTA IV might be one of the best video games in a very long time if not all-time. Just about everywhere I've seen it reviewed it's getting perfect scores. We'll see I guess, I can't wait to get it!
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

BamaNation All-American BigAl5833's Avatar

I picked it up at midnight and played untill about 2 this morning. I am not dissapointed at all with this game. I cant wait to get off work and try multiplayer out.
    Bad spellers of the world, Untie

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Haven't tried multi-player yet, but I'm real impressed with the level of detail in this game. The producers basically made a carbon copy of the 5 Boroughs in New York, but tweaked it just enough to be different.

The driving, though, takes some getting used to as you'll pay if you put the hammer down and refuse to use the brakes.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation First Team CBag4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Haven't tried multi-player yet, but I'm real impressed with the level of detail in this game. The producers basically made a carbon copy of the 5 Boroughs in New York, but tweaked it just enough to be different.

The driving, though, takes some getting used to as you'll pay if you put the hammer down and refuse to use the brakes.
    The physics of the game are a bit off but that's what makes it fun. I hit a car with a taxi and nearly turned it a flip. Now all I need is to find a fire truck so I can "punt" cars around.

The city is H-U-G-E!!! There's almost too much stuff to do LOL!!! The game is awesome, I'm only like 4% into it but I'm already loving it!

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

The city is H-U-G-E!!! There's almost too much stuff to do LOL!!!
    When I picked my copy up the guy at gamestop told me that it would take 5 hours to walk across the map. 5 real life hours. So he successfully sold me a strategy guide. I dont know what percent i am done with it, but the last time i checked i had like 16 hours put into it, i can't put it down, every time i get a chance i'm playing it (I dont have a life).
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

Quote Originally Posted by specialkpntbl View Post
    When I picked my copy up the guy at gamestop told me that it would take 5 hours to walk across the map. 5 real life hours. So he successfully sold me a strategy guide. I dont know what percent i am done with it, but the last time i checked i had like 16 hours put into it, i can't put it down, every time i get a chance i'm playing it (I dont have a life).
    I hear ya! I don't know how many hours I've been playing it but I'm only at the 22 percent mark of the game and I've already done a ton of stuff! I feel like I've already played a complete game and I haven't even made it to the other islands yet!!! The game is very addictive and a ton of fun IMHO!

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

in case nobody else knows this, dont take a speedboat out to far from the island. you will be slapped with a 6 star and about 4 boats and 4 helicopters come after you, and you die quickly.
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

Quote Originally Posted by specialkpntbl View Post
    in case nobody else knows this, dont take a speedboat out to far from the island. you will be slapped with a 6 star and about 4 boats and 4 helicopters come after you, and you die quickly.
    Yeah, to expand on this a bit further, if you haven't done the missions to unlock the other islands don't try to go to those islands or you'll get a 6-star wanted level and die very quickly like specialkpntbl said.

On a side note though, do steal a bus or some other very large vehicle because the amount of damage you can do with them is spectacular!!! I had a ton of fun doing this!