How many here are excited about GTA IV?

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Haven't tried multi-player yet, but I'm real impressed with the level of detail in this game. The producers basically made a carbon copy of the 5 Boroughs in New York, but tweaked it just enough to be different.

The driving, though, takes some getting used to as you'll pay if you put the hammer down and refuse to use the brakes.
The physics of the game are a bit off but that's what makes it fun. I hit a car with a taxi and nearly turned it a flip. Now all I need is to find a fire truck so I can "punt" cars around. :p_redeye:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
The city is H-U-G-E!!! There's almost too much stuff to do LOL!!! The game is awesome, I'm only like 4% into it but I'm already loving it!

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
The city is H-U-G-E!!! There's almost too much stuff to do LOL!!!
When I picked my copy up the guy at gamestop told me that it would take 5 hours to walk across the map. 5 real life hours. So he successfully sold me a strategy guide. I dont know what percent i am done with it, but the last time i checked i had like 16 hours put into it, i can't put it down, every time i get a chance i'm playing it (I dont have a life).

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
When I picked my copy up the guy at gamestop told me that it would take 5 hours to walk across the map. 5 real life hours. So he successfully sold me a strategy guide. I dont know what percent i am done with it, but the last time i checked i had like 16 hours put into it, i can't put it down, every time i get a chance i'm playing it (I dont have a life).
I hear ya! I don't know how many hours I've been playing it but I'm only at the 22 percent mark of the game and I've already done a ton of stuff! I feel like I've already played a complete game and I haven't even made it to the other islands yet!!! The game is very addictive and a ton of fun IMHO!

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
in case nobody else knows this, dont take a speedboat out to far from the island. you will be slapped with a 6 star and about 4 boats and 4 helicopters come after you, and you die quickly.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
in case nobody else knows this, dont take a speedboat out to far from the island. you will be slapped with a 6 star and about 4 boats and 4 helicopters come after you, and you die quickly.
Yeah, to expand on this a bit further, if you haven't done the missions to unlock the other islands don't try to go to those islands or you'll get a 6-star wanted level and die very quickly like specialkpntbl said.

On a side note though, do steal a bus or some other very large vehicle because the amount of damage you can do with them is spectacular!!! I had a ton of fun doing this!

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
What do you guys think of the new wanted system? More specifically, how to lose the wanted status? I'd like it a bit more if I could hide out somewhere instead of absolutely having to escape the radius. If the cops see you, it resets the radius and you have to start all over. Gaah!

BTW, it's good that the trademark humor is still there. I miss Maurice Chavez on talk radio, tho.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
What do you guys think of the new wanted system? More specifically, how to lose the wanted status? I'd like it a bit more if I could hide out somewhere instead of absolutely having to escape the radius. If the cops see you, it resets the radius and you have to start all over. Gaah!

BTW, it's good that the trademark humor is still there. I miss Maurice Chavez on talk radio, tho.
I like the wanted status personally, but i really ticks me off when i get outside of the radius and wait for it to go away and another cop car drives by and sees me and i have to do it all over again. And wow maurice was the funniest thing i ever heard, however, i do think its funny at how bad they rag on liberals and terrorists on the talk radio. Have you heard the caller about the Al ConQueso terriorist? LOL!!

What i dont like though is how much it costs to go to the hospital when you die

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.