How many here are excited about GTA IV?
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonCable's Avatar

How many here are excited about GTA IV?

I wasn't too excited for the longest time, but now that the release date is finally approaching, I am finding myself looking forward to it. I hated San Andreas (the whole hip-hop culture is repellant to me in every way) but I have high hopes for this one. Anybody else getting excited? (And which is your favorite? Mine is Vice City.)
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

--George Orwell

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Re: How many here are excited about GTA IV?

I liked how big San Andreas was. I also liked a lot of the lines that people say when you threaten them or commit horrific crimes in front of them.

But two of my favorite lines that I think of or repeat out loud sometimes were from Vice City:

"Nice medallion."
    Said by a female pedestrian, just walking around.
    Remembered or repeated when I see someone who looks like they belong in the 70s

"I'm 95 for Chrissake"
    Said by an old lady when you attack her.
    Remembered or repeated when someone does or says something characteristic of an elderly person.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

I loved the whole Vice City presentation. I'll definitely be picking up GTA IV.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

I can't wait to pick it up. I just can't remember when it comes out...
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by specialkpntbl View Post
    I can't wait to pick it up. I just can't remember when it comes out...
    I believe it's scheduled for release on the 29th of this month. Count me in the group that's anxiously awaiting it. I've had it pre-ordered for months now.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEATtutorsee View Post
    I believe it's scheduled for release on the 29th of this month. Count me in the group that's anxiously awaiting it. I've had it pre-ordered for months now.
    Ah yea i forgot to preorder it.... I wonder when the cutoff is at gamestop. I've only ever preordered two games (NCAA 08 and COD 4) and those were months and months in advance
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws

Just get one at Wal-Mart when it's released.
    Much easier than preordering, and you'll get it just as fast.
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    I only pre-order when I find a good deal, like I did with GTA IV. I don't mind waiting a couple extra days if it means saving a good bit of $.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Not always. Wal-Marts down here are never in a hurry to put games out on release day. They might have 300 copies, but will only put out so many at a time. When they run out in the display case, they might not refill it until the middle of the night. I hate Wal-Mart for this very reason. The service is terrible and you aren't saving any money. I try to support smaller retail outlets with my game purchases.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

--George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by BEATtutorsee View Post
    I only pre-order when I find a good deal, like I did with GTA IV. I don't mind waiting a couple extra days if it means saving a good bit of $.
    Just out of curiosity, how much DID you save and where did you pre-order?

--George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCable View Post
    Not always. Wal-Marts down here are never in a hurry to put games out on release day. They might have 300 copies, but will only put out so many at a time. When they run out in the display case, they might not refill it until the middle of the night. I hate Wal-Mart for this very reason. The service is terrible and you aren't saving any money. I try to support smaller retail outlets with my game purchases.
    Shrug. I live in Birmingham.
    I used to preorder things, but it was never particularly reliable.

Sometimes online preorders would SHIP on release day, and then you'd wait while other people who just picked it up in a store were already playing.

Stores like EBGames or GameStop would have a limited number and if you weren't early enough, you wouldn't get on the release day list.

I picked up World of Warcraft from Wal-Mart at midnight on release day, along with about two other gamers, and a bunch of people who were there for the new season of Seinfeld which came out at the same time.

My girlfriend preordered one of the Harry Potter books from Books-A-Million, but they closed the door in her face when we got there a bit late to pick it up (We had some other plans than night and intended to pick it up afterward) We ended up just going to the Wal-Mart across the street who had like 2000 copies in stock, and that was the end of our preordering.

Wal-Mart's the best in the world at getting products to consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCable View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how much DID you save and where did you pre-order?
    I saved about 20 bucks when I pre-ordered several months back with Liongames.com.

Wal-Mart's the best in the world at getting products to consumers.
    That may be the case up there, but you can forget walking into a Wal-Mart at midnight and getting something on release day in Pensacola. I've tried it a couple of times, and I always get a look from the person behind the counter that that would probably be the same if I suggested they take their clothes off and run a few laps around Peter Ruckman's Bible College. At least one woman was honest with me one night when I asked why they couldn't get NCAA 07 out on the shelves at midnight. She told me that they knew they would sell, and could care less if they sold out at midnight or by lunchtime; her paycheck wouldn't change either way. She then proceeded to go back to doing what she was doing when I so rudely interrupted: holding the counter down with her butt just in case it decided to fly off on its own.

--George Orwell