Any Ikariam players here?

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
My husband just got me to start this online game today. I had never heard of it before. Are any of you players? I'm looking for alliances (and free stuff, since I'm just getting started building my own little Bama Nation empire).

For those of you who don't know what it is, here's the link:
www.ikariam.org

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
If I was 13 again, I would be all over this game, but know that im grown up (somewhat) these games bore me now lol.

But there is this game called Ceaser III for the PC that is almost exactly like this, the graphics even look the same. It was pretty fun. I'm not sure how extensive yours is savannah but in Ceaser you controlled pretty much everything that goes on in the city: taxes, import/exports, fire, police, food, etc... I think it was a windows 95 or 98 game, so if you find it you might have trouble running it on XP.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
About 10 years ago I had the idea for making a browser playable version of Civilization, but it didn't get off the ground. I had no experience making games, but I got as far as creating map tile images that I could piece together on the fly using a CGI program. Something like that would probably be easy in Flash now. I really like the Sid Meier empire building games. (Civ II, Alpha Centauri)

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
If I was 13 again, I would be all over this game, but know that im grown up (somewhat) these games bore me now lol.

But there is this game called Ceaser III for the PC that is almost exactly like this, the graphics even look the same. It was pretty fun. I'm not sure how extensive yours is savannah but in Ceaser you controlled pretty much everything that goes on in the city: taxes, import/exports, fire, police, food, etc... I think it was a windows 95 or 98 game, so if you find it you might have trouble running it on XP.
I hadn't ever had problems running anything on XP. I did have a problem or two when I cycled my old pc out for a new one with Vista on it. There is something you can do, especially when you have older games that are afflicted with constant crashes. All you have to do is right click on the program's EXE file and choose 'Properties.' Then click the 'Compatibility' tab, check the box that says 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and select the operating system that worked best with the software. I've only had to use it once for a game I had but its also supposed to work for any older software that has compatibility issues with a newer OS.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I hadn't ever had problems running anything on XP. I did have a problem or two when I cycled my old pc out for a new one with Vista on it. There is something you can do, especially when you have older games that are afflicted with constant crashes. All you have to do is right click on the program's EXE file and choose 'Properties.' Then click the 'Compatibility' tab, check the box that says 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and select the operating system that worked best with the software. I've only had to use it once for a game I had but its also supposed to work for any older software that has compatibility issues with a newer OS.
I've gotten Master of Magic (originally came on MS-DOS floppies) working in XP, and all my old Windows games work except for those that specifically require a 3dfx card (GLQuake) which there is no chance of me installing now.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al

Ceaser III was an amazing game. Very indepth for its time and i thought the graphics were very good also. I still have the game and would play it today if it would not lock up at a certain part evry single time. I am a 36 year old man and when it started to lock up like it did, I almost cried cause i was so far into the campaign.

I may actually try out Ikariam a little. I enjoy sitting back playing a relaxing game when I have not alot going on. I do understand the part about it being boring though. Thx Savanah for the link...

this is of course if i can pull myself away from that dang Warcraft game enough to do anything else, haha. The lady of the house despises it....

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Ikariam takes time to get interesting because you have to build up your settlement, start trading goods, building up an army & navy and put yourself in a position to invade others. Trust me, those guys with level 20 towns are having fun!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.