Entre: Chicken & Dumplings

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I called on Sweet Sue in Athens, AL back in the early 90s. After seeing them push big plastic barrels full of chicken meat around the plant, I never bought another can. Pretty gross stuff to witness. Kinda like seeing how sausage is made for the first time.:eek:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I called on Sweet Sue in Athens, AL back in the early 90s. After seeing them push big plastic barrels full of chicken meat around the plant, I never bought another can. Pretty gross stuff to witness. Kinda like seeing how sausage is made for the first time.:eek:
Years ago my company did some work for Tyson at one of their new chicken processing plants. You think a paper mill stinks? I passed up many fried chicken dinners till I got over that.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
i was at a campbells soup plant in minn. and watched live chickens hung upside down on a conveyor belt. they went behind a wall and then came out at another opening minus feathers head and parts. they made chicken noodle soup ,,and i still eat chicken noodle soup,,, umm good. the worst place ive been was an alpo dog food plant in ms.in nearly 100 degree weather. that will stick with you for awhile. i havent had a can of dog food since.

Last edited:

SCrammerjammer

1st Team
Sep 4, 2000
South Carolina
This is my kind of home-cooked meal. Like the great cookbook my wife got me: A Man, A Can, and a Microwave for when she went on a trip for about a month. Thanks! I love it.

bcpmwk

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 30, 2006
North Alabama
You will need: A rotisserie chicken, 1 10 count Hungry Jack biscuits, 1 can of Cream of Chick and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom, milk

Heat the soup on the stovetop and add some milk.
Pull the meat from the chicken and drop into the soup.
Cut the biscuits into quarters (you can also separate the layers if you want)
Drop biscuits into bubbling soup/chicken mixture.
Cut the heat back, cover the pot, and let the dumplings cook until done.

Awesome.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I had an uncle that briefly worked for some company (Could have been Kraft, but I'm not sure.) in Atlanta that made mayo and he never ate it again for the rest of his life.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.