Link: Great article on Bama Softball

Bamaball2001

All-American
Aug 30, 2007
Snellville Georgia
Great article, especially coming from ESPN.

Coach Murphy's game plan used to be "smash ball". That changed in 2001 when he began to add speed and contact hitters (slappers). Now he has speed, contact, power, pitching and an excellent defense.

The evolution of Murph, Aly and Vann, as coaches, has been a beautiful thing to watch. Thanks to them Alabama softball has become a national power and this years team has a legit chance to take it all at the WCWS.

Not to be overlooked are Coach Murphy's recruiting skills. He is, to Bama softball, what Coach Saban is to Bama football. When you combine this skill with the team's success on the field, I don't see an end to the progression of very talented Bama softball teams.

:BigA: RTR!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
not to mention, with the way ESPN pumps the softball tournament, the exposure BAMA gets is immeasurable; especially if we can become perennial players like a ucla, 'zona, etc.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I have been impressed with Coach Murphy and the job he has done this year. This team is where most if not all of our teams could be and should be. These women and talented and I enjoy watching them play. We need to support them the best we can the rest of the way.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.