Why has the softball game not started yet?

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I do not understand why you would give any team like this an extra out. That is why I asked about a relief pitcher or something. This ASU girl has not seen a good at bat and why put her on base? Pitch to her and if she hits the ball out, the worst is a tie at that point but at least you made the effort. I just thought there were more options available that would help us win the game rather than the one that had been chosen throughout the game. The walk worked through to that point but here we are 3 outs away from the win and we give them an extra batter which proved to be the difference. You could see it on the girls faces when we came in to hit..they were done. (no pun intended) That may have been the thing that puts us out this year. It reminds me of some Shula calls late in his last season.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I do not understand why you would give any team like this an extra out. That is why I asked about a relief pitcher or something. This ASU girl has not seen a good at bat and why put her on base? Pitch to her and if she hits the ball out, the worst is a tie at that point but at least you made the effort. I just thought there were more options available that would help us win the game rather than the one that had been chosen throughout the game. The walk worked through to that point but here we are 3 outs away from the win and we give them an extra batter which proved to be the difference. You could see it on the girls faces when we came in to hit..they were done. (no pun intended) That may have been the thing that puts us out this year. It reminds me of some Shula calls late in his last season.
During the 5th inning, the play-by-play said that Pat would "walk with the bases loaded as well." What is that? Maybe in some weird circumstance...but not with 0 outs and a 1 run lead. I want Kelci to mow her down.

AlabamaSooner

All-SEC
Jun 28, 2005
Atlanta, GA
During the 5th inning, the play-by-play said that Pat would "walk with the bases loaded as well." What is that? Maybe in some weird circumstance...but not with 0 outs and a 1 run lead. I want Kelci to mow her down.
A perfect example of why Murphy needed to grow a set. Don't get me wrong, you HAVE to play smart in the game of baseball/softball, but you can't play scared in a situation like that. It's just like Shula; playing not to lose. That will bite you in the butt more times than not. It just makes no sense with a one run lead like that. With a three run lead, it would've made a lot more sense. Have some confidence in your pitcher and at least give her the chance to get an out. Whether or not he believes it, it IS possible to either strikeout or get an out on a great hitter. It DOES happen from time to time. :rolleyes: You'll never know when you just walk the tying runner though.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
WEll we wouldnt be having this conversation had we plated two or three runs in the first three innings. It looked like the baseball team... two on, both in scoring position, and one out. Still cant score. WE took soo many good pitches. I heard the PBP talk about how disciplined we were at the plate.. SOMETIMES YOU GOT TO SWING. Runs dont score by watching pitches go right down the middle. I have never understood the take the pitches thing. You have three chances to hit a good pitch, why waste one?

Anyways, yes brain fart.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.