Barack Obama's Experience (or lack thereof)

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Re: Barack Obama

He became the first Governor in Texas history to be elected to consecutive four-year terms when he was re-elected on November 3, 1998, with 68.6 percent of the vote. That is better than Jr. Senator. I would think.
I don't live in Texas, so perhaps someone who does or has can elaborate on this... I've heard that, due to the way the TX state government is set up, the governor has less power than governors in most states. In fact, the leutenant gov actually has more power and influence than the governor. I'm not making any judgements on the relative experience gained by being TX gov as opposed to a first term senator. Only pointing out that being gov of TX may not provide the same experience as being gov of many other states.

Last edited:

PlayerUA

All-SEC
Apr 1, 2000
Huntsville, Alabama

Bill Clinton has got to be the most inept president weve ever had. It will take another 20 years of rebuilding this nation to undo the mess he created with his policies.
Uh huh. When all else fails, blame Clinton. I hate to be the one to break this to you but Dubya earned the title of "Worst President Ever" all on his own - well, maybe with the help of Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfield.

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL

I don't see Obama surrounding himself with inept people like Shula did.

Recognizing a certain level of inexperience, and placing people around you in key positions who have it can quickly make up for the fact.
Like these???

No Obama has no history of surrounding himself with shady characters at all...

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

It is apparent that few people realilze how crappy our economy was under Carter -- double-digit unemployment and inflation. Bush's record is not close to achieving that standard of ineptness.

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL

honestly if this is the best smearing that the right can come up with, this november's election is going to make the clinton/dole match up look competitive by comparison
There's plenty of dirt...and you've got to shed light on it if he's going to be president of the United States of America. Some people are squeaky clean and there's nothing to expose and people have to reach and make things up. Others are not so fortunate.

Barack Hussein Obama has plenty of skeletons in his closet...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

There's plenty of dirt...and you've got to shed light on it if he's going to be president of the United States of America. Some people are squeaky clean and there's nothing to expose and people have to reach and make things up. Others are not so fortunate.

do you honestly believe that the clintons left a single stone unturned during the demo primary?

i think if you keep using his middle name, that one might catch on too ;)

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

do you honestly believe that the clintons left a single stone unturned during the demo primary?

i think if you keep using his middle name, that one might catch on too ;)
Wait! Obama's middle name is Hussein? I had no diea! He must be a Muslim or something. :)

BamaFanKyle

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2003

I do. Not only inept, but corrupt. He had another buddy convicted today.
Rezko is a sleaze ball...there's no denying that. He's given more money to both republicans and democrats than I could ever imagine. He even co-hosted a multi-million dollar fundraiser for Dubya back in 2003...

I don't see Obama appointing any of these people in his administration, but nice of crimson_blood to post pics of the people he has denounced repeatedly when referencing who will make up his cabinet. The Bush Administration on the other hand...

Do tell...since you seem to be so privy to the details of his life.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

I bought in to the consensus-building schtick, too. Having hardly built a consensus, he's chased away any remnants of conservatism. We don't know what the hell to do.

But worst president ever?

Nope.

These final seven months is akin to the pleasant tropical breezes that arrive before a Cat 5 hurricane. We are about to be body-slammed.

There is no lesser of two evils in this one.
I just have to ask, after Bush leaves office who will you conservatives blame everything on? I will also say Bush is the worst president since Carter who was the worst president since Ike.

victory hunter

Scout Team
Jan 16, 2007

We can debate this issue forever, but my statement about clinton is from first hand experience in his foriegn policy. If anyone who was in a combat arms unit in the military knows the shame that he brought on this country and his distain for the military. How many times was an American vessel or building attacked under his watch? How many times did the military respond? The first attacks on the world trade center garnered nothing. We went to Bosnia as peacekeepers but he kept our hands tied with his rules of engagement. He gets impeached in the House of representives and sends tomahawks to iraq. He also sent them to Iraq on July 93 and September 96. All without one US Soldiers foot on the ground. He has osama in sights for an air strike but lets pakistan know ahead of time and the collateral damage that killing osama would cause is too much so its called off. He pimped the whitehouse out to the chinese. He pardoned known felons that were terriorest against America. How many times after 9/11 have we been attacked under Bush? Do you even know who we are fighting in Iraq? Its not the Iraqies, yes its.... al quida. What do you know, he took the fight to some God forsaken country and spared many civilian lives so our military can take care of business on their turf. Do you think President Bush has anything to do with the price of oil? How on earth can he ask the countries who have it to make more when we refuse to increase production over here because some species of turtle might die? I served my country proud and I served under clintons full 8 years and Bushs first 4. There is night and day between them when it comes to leadership. Does Bush have his faults? Yes, but his faults are not going to effect this country for years to come like clintons are.

I

It's On A Slab

Worse than Nixon? I'd be interested in your thoughts.
While I was only of this world for little more than a year of Ike's presidency, from what I've heard about the guy, I kinda liked Ike, myself.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

I don't live in Texas, so perhaps someone who does or has can elaborate on this... I've heard that, due to the way the TX state government is set up, the governor has less power than governors in most states. In fact, the leutenant gov actually has more power and influence than the governor. I'm not making any judgements on the relative experience gained by being TX gov as opposed to a first term senator. Only pointing out that being gov of TX may not provide the same experience as being gov of many other states.
That's about right. For example, this guy could handle being governor of Texas

Actually, he bears a striking resemblance to Rick Perry.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002

Rezko is a sleaze ball...there's no denying that. He's given more money to both republicans and democrats than I could ever imagine. He even co-hosted a multi-million dollar fundraiser for Dubya back in 2003...
He was Barack's neighbor, literally lived right next door. Got some sweet subsidized housing contracts while Obama was in the Illinois legislature, too, which I'm sure is a coincidence.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Can anyone name a more inexperienced presidential candidate in modern American history than Barack Obama?
Obama shows repeatedly that he has less economic, historic, domestic and foreign policy knowledge than any other previous candidate. IMO he is by far dumber than anyone else who has ever received their party's nomination. (I'd personally like to see a list of all the 57 states he says he's visited!)

FWIW, this thread was supposed to be about Obama, but some folks just can't help themselves. Thus I'm not surprised that it morphed into another anti-Bush thread. That's because a lot of the anti-Bush posts in this thread and many others are written by those members who repeatedly show an intense hatred for him, which is based on little more than those member's individual political persuasion. IOW his actions, regardless of what they may be, have no merit because these folks are going to vilify him regardless of what he does. He can do nothing right in their eyes while "their candidate" has no flaws and can do no wrong.
I've read this same old hate-mongering rhetoric from the same people day after day after day, and read it for so long I've grown to expect it from them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.