Entre: Lump Crabmeat Au Gratin

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
1.Use a large skillet to melt the butter then add all the vegetables except the parsley. Saute till wilted, do not let the vegetables brown.
2.Sprinkle in the flour and stir to make a blond roux.
3.Whisk in the cream and whisk till you have a thickened white sauce.
4.Reduce heat to simmer, add wine, lemon juice and hot sauce.
5.Sprinkle in half the cheddar cheese stirring till your white sauce has turned into a nice cheese sauce.
6.Add the parsley and simmer 5-7 minutes stirring constantly to fortify the sauce. Add more milk or water if sauce gets too thick.
7.Divide between 6 small Au Gratin dishes or Ramekins, top with rest of the cheese and bake 10 minutes till cheese is melted and bubbly.
8.You may also make this in one large casserole dish but may take longer for cheese to melt.

bamapeppy

All-SEC
May 3, 2005
You never told us what to do with the crab meat. :conf2:
Bayou is stealing my recipes again.

Fold in the crab meat towards the end of the vegetable saute then divide the mix into the ramekins and cover with sauce. I like this made in a casserole dish a 2 qt is about right for four servings.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Bayou is stealing my recipes again.

Fold in the crab meat towards the end of the vegetable saute then divide the mix into the ramekins and cover with sauce. I like this made in a casserole dish a 2 qt is about right for four servings.
My bad, thanks for the help Nick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.