Dessert: Father's Day Beer Cooler Cake (pic)

SaBAMArina

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 1, 2007
Cottondale, AL

-Bake your cakes in a square sheet cake pan and let them cool (this took three boxes of cake mix by the way, one box per layer).
-Stack them and ice everything but the top.
-Carve out a square (leave enough room around the sides to prevent the beer from breaking through).
-Ice the top and the inside of the square.
-Empty beer bottles of your choice and put the caps back on (you could also do cans, just punch a hole in the bottom and empty them so they stay unopened on the top). It's your choice as to what you do with the beer you emptied out :). Place the bottles in the square.
-Put the jello in and around the bottles.
-Place the "A" on the front and handles on the sides (you can use toothpicks).
-You can pipe grass along the sides like I did, just get a piping bag and the Wilton grass tip.

I think that's it, if I forgot anything let me know...there are a few things I would do differently next time. I needed more ice (jello) to put in the cooler, and I ran out of icing before I could ice the inside of the square. Other than that I was pretty happy.

This is the first time I've done anything like this cake, and I wanted to share it with fellow Bama fans. My husband LOVED it!

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Welcome to tidefans and I hope you post often in both our food forums as well as other boards. Great looking original cake. :)

Latest threads