Juice Can Cornish Hens

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Rubb EVOO all over the cornish hens and sprinkle with the chicken rub.
Fill the juice cans 3/4 full with white wine, and add a tsp of the chicken rub in each.
Using a pan that can be used on the stove and in the oven place the juice cans upright in the pan. Put the cornish hens over the juice cans. (like beer can chicken) Bake for one hour in the oven.
After 1 hour.. Take the hens off of the wine filled can and set aside. Empty the cans into the pan and put on the stove over medium - high heat and reduce by about half.. Thicken with a little cornstarch or flour.. Add mushrooms, chives and cook for a few more minutes. Then add the cream. Cook till heated through and the consistency of thin gravy. Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the sauce over hens and baby red potatos.

Last edited:

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
I'll have to put this one next to my "Hobo Cans" recipe .....

Stuff 2 layers each of mini ground chuck patties , onions , very thinly sliced carrots and potatoes into medium sized cans - like 20+ ounces , large pear cans , etc. . Season with salt & pepper , cover with foil and toss them on the grill . Use a med-low flame and check them after about 25-30 minutes . My grandfather learned this from watching genuine hobos down in south Alabama back in the 1930's . They're surprisingly good and obviously effortless . :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.