Politics: Just Finished Ed Klein's "The Truth About Hillary"

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Nixon stepped off the elevator with Slick Willie to face Hildabeast at the elevator door. Without so much as a "Hello" she said "We are using your early model of health care reform in our own program." Then, "Had you survived, your program was light years ahead of its time."
I was unaware that Nixon was developing a health care plan.
The fact that Hillary would use Nixon's as a model is interesting.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/11/28/5483/

I didn't know that, either. He submitted his plan to Congress in Feb. 1974. I guess he had other things to worry about. He resigned 6 mos. later.
Even more tragedy from the Watergate break-in. It was illegal, immoral, and completely unnecessary. The Republicans were going to crush the Democrats that election without this stupid amateurish act.
Health care went down with the USS Nixon.

I

It's On A Slab

Even more tragedy from the Watergate break-in. It was illegal, immoral, and completely unnecessary. The Republicans were going to crush the Democrats that election without this stupid amateurish act.
Health care went down with the USS Nixon.
Heh. Nixon was a paranoid man. He could have been assured a 50 state landslide from the get-go, and he'd have still been looking for enemies.

'72 was indeed a strange election. Nixon won in a landslide. The Democrats kept huge majorities in both houses of Congress.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Heh. Nixon was a paranoid man. He could have been assured a 50 state landslide from the get-go, and he'd have still been looking for enemies.

'72 was indeed a strange election. Nixon won in a landslide. The Democrats kept huge majorities in both houses of Congress.
I have always thought that the Republican majorities in Congress came when conservative Democrats from the South were replaced by conservative Republicans from the South. For example, Jeremiah Denton.
That does not change the ideological stance of the Congress, but does change the party make-up.
Mississippi Republicans ran a young man against John Stennis. The young guy had the exact same stances on most issues, but was a Republican and younger. The Mississippi Republican party sent a group of guys to a Stennis rally (on the Senator's birthday) with a sign that said "Happy 84th birthday, Senator Stennis."

I

It's On A Slab

I have always thought that the Republican majorities in Congress came when conservative Democrats from the South were replaced by conservative Republicans from the South. For example, Jeremiah Denton.
That does not change the ideological stance of the Congress, but does change the party make-up.
Mississippi Republicans ran a young man against John Stennis. The young guy had the exact same stances on most issues, but was a Republican and younger. The Mississippi Republican party sent a group of guys to a Stennis rally (on the Senator's birthday) with a sign that said "Happy 84th birthday, Senator Stennis."
I think '72 was the tipping point for Dixiecrats. I remember Jim Eastland(D-MS), Mississippi's most ardent segregationist senator, campaigning for Nixon. He and Stennis never changed parties during their tenure, but the next generation did (Lott, Cochran).

By '75, a Republican candidate for Governor (Gil Carmichael) drew 45% of the vote. Something unheard of a decade before.

The strange dynamic about MS politics: I remember Democrats who were yellow-dogs because they hated Lincoln, and loved FDR, and would never vote Republican.....and former Democrats who hated LBJ because of de-segregation and his voting rights/civil rights initiatives.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
What the hell kind of crack is that?

Hillary has not disappeared off the face of the earth, last time I checked. Digging up dirt? Dude, I didn't write the freekin' book. And, besides, this isn't dirt. This is actually mild compared to some of the other stuff from that era. :)
He must have woke up from a bad dream like Tubberville losing his prize long snapper. ;)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Hillary lost. Obama won. Next time you try to dig up dirt, make sure that it'll stick to someone who'll actually be on the ballot in November.
Nate, believe it or not, most people don't obsess over Barack Obama.
Everything does not relate to Obama. Some things actually have an existence independent of the man. Some topics actually have nothing to do with him.
The fact that we have an African-American who has a good shot at the Presidency is interesting, but it is not the sole thing people think about.
At least, not normal ones.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
The fact that we have an African-American who has a good shot at the Presidency is interesting, but it is not the sole thing people think about.
At least, not normal ones.
Barack is only half black. America is going to do this black president thing in stages. ;)

NatchezTider

All-SEC
Jan 13, 2000
Natchez, Ms. USA
Really...the only reason I posted this is because I found it interesting at the back of the book. Did I mention it was only a buck at Dollar Tree?

I guess I'm guilty of kicking Hillary when she's down. She does have some lovely pantsuits in her wardrobe, however.

....and she stayed at a holiday inn express last night. :biggrin:

on a serious note, vj, did the book get into here infamous temper tantrums? is it favorable toward her or critical?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Purchased for the right fair sum of one dollar at the local Dollar Tree store...

Clinton early in his presidency (the one who actually recieved the votes, that is) invited Richard Nixon into the White House, on an official visit to discuss foreign relations matters. First time Nixon had been back to the WH since he jumped on Marine One headed to San Clemente.

Nixon stepped off the elevator with Slick Willie to face Hildabeast at the elevator door. Without so much as a "Hello" she said "We are using your early model of health care reform in our own program." Then, "Had you survived, your program was light years ahead of its time."

Nixon reportedly was confused by these words from the First Lady, thinking to himself, "Had I survived? Maybe I would have survived if she had not been on the committee to impeach me."

For the record, Klein was attacked in 2005 by the usual Lefties when his book on Hillary was released. However, with the emergence of Obama, many on the Left came to see the book as acceptable, because deep down they really did see Hillary as the poster child for the problems of the Clinton presidency.
Can there be any truth from or about any of the Clintons? Their life is so full of lies, who really knows?

Last edited:

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
Without so much as a "Hello" she said "We are using your early model of health care reform in our own program." Then, "Had you survived, your program was light years ahead of its time."
He may have looked confused because a "light year" is a measurement of distance. As a measurement of time, it is redundant to say "light year".

A "light year" is uh, 365 days.

Not even an arithmatic problem, really. She used the term "light year" improperly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.