Drink: Cucumber Margarita

TideRollsInVa

All-SEC
Oct 16, 1999
Lake Martin, AL & Atlanta
Place all liquids and the 4 pieces of cucumber in the blender and blend well, no chunks of cucumber. Fill blender with crushed ice and blend to desired consistency. Pour into prepped glasses and garnish with cucumber slice.

Sit in the shade with that special someone and enjoy all life has to offer, optional but recommended.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Place all liquids and the 4 pieces of cucumber in the blender and blend well, no chunks of cucumber. Fill blender with crushed ice and blend to desired consistency. Pour into preped glassed and garnish with cucumber slice.

Sit in the shade with that special someone and enjoy all life has to offer, optional but recommended.
I recently got a new bar book on Margaritas, Daiquiris and Mojitos. I saw this recipe and thought about trying it. Since you have tried it and didnt die I will push it up my list of things to do. :)

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
questions before I get going:

1. isn't Triple Sec basically the same flavor as Orange Liquor (liqueur)?
2. if you use Sweet and Sour, it's more lemony. If you use margarita mix, it's more limey. Which one tastes better with cucumber?
3. it says unpeeled cucumber, but is that too tart? Will the syrup knock that down?

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
questions before I get going:

1. isn't Triple Sec basically the same flavor as Orange Liquor (liqueur)?
YEP
2. if you use Sweet and Sour, it's more lemony. If you use margarita mix, it's more limey. Which one tastes better with cucumber?
Don't know, haven't tried them all. Pick one and report back.
3. it says unpeeled cucumber, but is that too tart? Will the syrup knock that down?
I think they want you to alternate peeling stripes down the cucumber for appearance sake. I like to use the seedless English cucumbers which have a thinner skin and are less bitter.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
the 'ritas were very good! Our guests enjoyed them, as did I. If I make them again, I will peel the cucumber completely, as little pieces of peel kept getting in my teeth. Other than, they are very yummy!

TideRollsInVa

All-SEC
Oct 16, 1999
Lake Martin, AL & Atlanta
the 'ritas were very good! Our guests enjoyed them, as did I. If I make them again, I will peel the cucumber completely, as little pieces of peel kept getting in my teeth. Other than, they are very yummy!
Glad you enjoyed. Did you use the Sweet & Sour or the Margarita mix? Maybe I blend the ingredients longer but the peel is no more than a speck. I did notice, when I was prep'ing for the 4th party some larger chunks and just increased the blend time.

For the party I made the mix up that afternoon, 24 oz of Tequila used for a picture-full (2 blender fulls). So all I had to do was pour mix over ice and blend, as needed. One couple attending is from Belgium (Stationed here with NATO) and I think she drank over half of what was available. Not counting the one she spilled. I was pleased the picture was empty by mid-night.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Glad you enjoyed. Did you use the Sweet & Sour or the Margarita mix? Maybe I blend the ingredients longer but the peel is no more than a speck. I did notice, when I was prep'ing for the 4th party some larger chunks and just increased the blend time.

For the party I made the mix up that afternoon, 24 oz of Tequila used for a picture-full (2 blender fulls). So all I had to do was pour mix over ice and blend, as needed. One couple attending is from Belgium (Stationed here with NATO) and I think she drank over half of what was available. Not counting the one she spilled. I was pleased the picture was empty by mid-night.
I blended it, poured it out, poured it back two times mainly to make sure all of the crushed ice was completely crushed. There was very little peel, but I did still get a couple of bits in my teeth, albeit small pieces.

I used sweet n sour rather than margarita mix. It was good, but I'd like to try the margarita mix for the heck of it.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
we're having a couple's baby shower for my wife and I at our house tonight. I'm going to make them again, this time with margarita mix and gold tequila. I'll report back!

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
You need one of those Jimmy Buffet Frozen Concoction Makers they shave the ice and make a restaurant quality drink every time. No joke, if you make a lot of margaritas or frozen drinks it is worth it.

We have been drinking melon margaritas lately. Cantaloupe.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
they were an even bigger hit this time around. The gold tequila went well, I completely peeled the cucumber (probably a no-brainer), and used margarita mix rather than sweet-n-sour. VERY good!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.