Drink: Homemade Kahlua

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Put both sugars, coffee and water in saucepan.
Stir over medium high heat till all sugar is dissolved.
Add both cinnamon sticks to the pot
split both vanilla beans lengthwise and add to the pot after scraping out the beans into the liquid.
Remove from heat and let come to room temp. Keep stirring occasionally.
Divide cheap vodka into two dark bottles.
Place one vanilla bean from the pot and one cinnamon stick from the pot into each bottle.
Top off each bottle with coffee and sugar water leaving a couple inches in the neck.
Cap bottles and place in cool dark cabinet for at least a month giving bottles a little shake every day or so.
Best if allowed to sit at least 4-6 months. The longer it ages the smoother it gets.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
I'm going to try this out. I have always been interested in brewing some beer, making some wine so this will be my first experiment in alcohol making. :) Hopefully I will not blow up the house.

On another note, has someone ever made vodka? A friend of mine back in the day used to try some concoction of boiling taters and something else. I was petrified he was going to blow the house up.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I'm going to try this out. I have always been interested in brewing some beer, making some wine so this will be my first experiment in alcohol making. :) Hopefully I will not blow up the house.

On another note, has someone ever made vodka? A friend of mine back in the day used to try some concoction of boiling taters and something else. I was petrified he was going to blow the house up.
Good vodka comes from the filtering process the more times it is filtered the smoother it becomes otherwise you have nothing but moonshine.

Try the Lemoncello, Orangecello, Kaluah and I have recipes for Irish Cream, Galliano, Cherry bounce, Cherry bombs, jello shots and other things you can do with alcohol in your own kitchen.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Bump to the top. This years batch of Kahlua is almost sinful. The addition of cinnamon sticks took this to a new level. Talk about good in Egg Nog!!!! It makes a good drink with plain milk or buzzed up in the blender with a scoop of ice cream.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.