Question: PlayStation or Xbox?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I had a PS2 until it died of natural causes two years ago. I've suffered NCAA football withdrawals long enough and plan to get the latest version when it comes out soon. The question is, which game system should I get? Do you guys recommend PlayStation or Xbox? Thanks.

BamaScooter16

1st Team
Aug 2, 2006
McCalla, AL
Even though this thread will probably be moved, I'd say that the best console to buy is the 360. The PS3 is more powerful, but Xbox has more games and better backwards compatibility. Plus the 360 elite has an HDMI port on the back. I'm not sure if the PS3 has one ore not.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the built in Blu ray on the PS3, which means it probably has an HDMI port. If you have a new flat screen TV and want superb HD for movies and games, the PS3 is the way to go. If you're poor like me and have to use your pc moniter or an old tube tv, the 360 is best.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
get the ps3. who cares if 360 has more games. ur getting it for ncaa football and right now ps3 is coming out with plenty of games. as far as backwards compatibility for me, i'd never play a ps2 title again. but some of the ps3's are backwards compatible. all the ps3's have hdmi. the online service is getting a huge upgrade and it's free. and the ps3 is one of if not the best Blu Ray player on the market right now.

iBama

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2007
Alabaster, AL
If you want the added value of using it as a media center (blu-ray, pictures, videos, internet, etc.) PS3 is the way to go. Oh, and it has built in Wi-Fi. The online gaming isn't as good as the 360, but hey...it's free.

However, if you just want it strictly for playing games or you're big into online gaming, 360 may be your best bet.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I have a 360, and I feel it's the better choice of the two.

First and foremost, it is cheaper (which can be a pretty big consideration), plus the games are better, the backwards compatibility is better, and it is the console for online play.

I don't think the PS3 is bad, mind you, but I haven't regretted passing on it. I would like to have the BR player, but I'll admit I am a bit concerned on that. I bought a PS2 when a built in DVD player was all of the rage, and it was a first class POS. The thing worked well on all of two DVDs, and from there it was shot... and I found many more people with the same problem. I'd love to have the BR player on the PS3, but I'm not convinced of its quality enough -- given my past with the PS2 -- to justify picking it over the 360 for that reason.

At the end of the day, though, neither is a bad choice really. As much as many want to argue all day and all night over it, we're mainly talking about a situation of six in one, half a dozen in the other.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have both and use them pretty much interchangeably. You can use a wired connection with the PS3 through a "wireless game adapter" (I use Linksys) and it works just as well as the Xbox 360 when I have it connected. I like the online gaming and next gen graphics with PS3. Most of friends have xbox however and I use it when I play against them.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
If you want the added value of using it as a media center (blu-ray, pictures, videos, internet, etc.) PS3 is the way to go. Oh, and it has built in Wi-Fi. The online gaming isn't as good as the 360, but hey...it's free.

However, if you just want it strictly for playing games or you're big into online gaming, 360 may be your best bet.
Agreed.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
The criteria you should look at are:
- Which console has the games I want to play
- Which console do my friends have so that I can play with them

If I had to choose - 360.

More games that I like
More people playing online
Better online experience
Easier to connect with friends
Nice Media Center capabilities
Will be able to stream from Netflix with the Fall Update
Live Arcade

Where it doesn't compare against the PS3 - No built-in Wifi and no Blu-Ray drive. But neither of those are particularly important for me.

If I had the time and money though, I'd get both.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.