Dessert: EZ Peach Cobbler

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Melt the butter in a 2 qt casserole
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and milk together in a bowl (cinnamon is optional in this step)
Arrange peaches and juice in casserole over the butter.
Pour the batter mix on top and bake 30-45 minutes till golden brown.
Top can be sprinkled with optional 3 tsp sugar if wanted.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Last night I had a hankering for peach cobbler... I made this recipe, and it didnt turn out right... The crust part turned out fine, but the peach part was too thin and runny.. You did say use the peaches AND the juice right?

JagTider

Suspended
May 28, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Last night I had a hankering for peach cobbler... I made this recipe, and it didnt turn out right... The crust part turned out fine, but the peach part was too thin and runny.. You did say use the peaches AND the juice right?
This is a recipe my family has used for years so I'll answer based on how my family makes it... Nope, don't use the peach juice in addition to the milk. Well, let me say that all you want is about 1 cup of liquid - I mix a little of the peach juice in with my milk, but still only 1 cup of liquid.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Here's another one using a Duncan Heinz yellow cake mix 1 stick of melted butter and 2 cans of peaches or peach pie filling.

dump both cans of peaches juice and all into a 9X13 pan, sprinkle one box of dry yellow cake mix on top of the peaches, drizzle the melted butter on top then sprinkle on a tsp or tbsp sugar and a little cinnamon. you can also add some chopped pecans if you like. Bake in a 375 oven for 30-40 min and let cool before eating.

MidWest Falcon

Scout Team
Nov 5, 2007
Rose Hill, Ks
Ok Bayou I think I found a way to make the EZ Peach Cobbler even better.....it's very simple and it happened b/c I made a mistake.

When I was making this the 2nd time I added too much milk and peach juice to my mix. It was very runny and did not stay on top of the peaches and butter.....it blended in with it. Instead of freaking out I just made a new mix (thicker this time) and added it to the top.

The creation was amazing!!! You get that gooey breading in the middle and the crust on the top.

So basically you make a runny mix first and blend it in with the peaches and butter. Then make a thick mix to go on top.

Trust me! Try it and you'll love it!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.